Joe sez, "The McDonald's franchise at the Guantanamo Bay Naval Base in Cuba is looking for an assistant manager. The ideal candidate will have previous restaurant management experience, a valid U.S. passport and a willingness to relocate to Cuba. Apparently, no special security clearance is required. Perks include great weather, potential tax free status for year-round residents, and half of the successful candidate's stateside rent paid by the company. The Gitmo McDonald's has been in operation since 1986, and serves the base's 6000 inhabitants, including military personnel, their families, Jamaican and Filipino guest workers. and 215 detainees, who can make take-out orders for Big Macs, fries and other items."
- Bush official: we tortured Gitmo detainee - Boing Boing
- Canada puts Gitmo on torture watchlist - Boing Boing
- Gitmo's torturers decry negative portrayal of gulag in new Harold ...
- Pentagon official: Boycott Gitmo defense lawyers - Boing Boing
- Gitmo operating manual leak - Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: Lampooning the American dismissal of Gitmo suicides
- Amnesty ads: serial killers got due process, Gitmo detainees don't ...
- Giving Speedo swimshorts to Gitmo prisoners: a "serious ...