12 Responses to “Latest lame UK gov't excuse for supressing drug policy report: "if we release it, it will be hard to manage the news"”

1. SidFudd says:

This is actually more convenient for me, for I have no attention span. If two reports on the same topic were released at the same time, I don’t know what I would – ooh, kitty!

2. 2k says:

The truth is; we’re not going to tell you the truth.

3. bjacques says:

WWMTD (What Would Malcolm Tucker Do)? For those who haven’t seen it, In The Thick Of It is a BBC series about a (presumably Labour) spin doctor obviously based on Alastair Duncan, who ensured that anyone speaking publicly for Labour remained “on message.” Tucker’s pyrotechnic cussing (in a very thick Scottish accent) is a wonder to behold, and the show is pure theater of cruelty.

• hassan-i-sabbah says:

Get it on yer BBCi player.
      Malcolm Tuckers swearing is a joy.
      Knock at door….
      “Come the fuck in ,or fuck the fuck off!”
      priceless

Repeating myself:

Poor Dr. Nutt, he forgot that the regulations around psycho pharmaceuticals aren’t so much about Public Health but more around matters of Mind Control. And denying as much of that control from the populace as possible.

5. zhuzhu says:

yet again not letting people make up their own minds based on data

6. EH says:

Also: people are too stupid to see the report.

I can’t imagine there isn’t a way to force them to release it.

7. Patrick Dodds says:

I don’t think the word “absurdity” is the right one here Cory. “Mendacity” might fit better, or “contempt for the electorate”. “Arrogance” or “high-handedness” are also contenders.

“Even the Economist has taken notice.” Why wouldn’t they? Didn’t they do a cover story in favor of legalization like a year ago?

9. Ted8305 says:

It was the wrong type of snow.

10. jeligula says:

Actually, it isn’t lame at all because they are telling you the truth for once. After all, they cannot control what people think if everybody knows the truth.