Insert cheese-head joke here

23 Responses to “Insert cheese-head joke here”

1. MrsBug says:

I can’t decide if Wisconsin is wasting time or if I approve of their tongue-in-cheek view of things. Ah, what the heck, it’s the holidays. Tongue-in-cheek it is. :D

• IronEdithKidd says:

I wish I could grant them the same benefit of doubt, but I can’t. They have the same kind of budget problems that we have in Michigan ($6B WI budget deficit projected for 2011).

2. tweygant says:

And don’t for get, people from Wisconsin consume the most brandy of anyone else in the world. A friend of mine went into a bar in Germany, ordered a brandy old fashioned and the bartender asked if he was from Wisconsin. ya hey der wisconsin

3. Hank says:

Everybody loves the smell of that dairy air.

4. Brainspore says:

Every so often I like to mention that California leads the U.S. in both cheese and beer production just to piss off the Wisconsinites.

• retrojoe says:

Additionally, I think Colorado actually is again #1 in US beer production. But the latest data I could find on that was for 2006.

5. mypalmike says:

I can’t believe lactococcus lactis beat out helicobacter pylori for the state microbe. Did the citizens get a chance to vote for this, or was it just a bunch of shady back-room deals with the powerful lactococcus lobby?

6. retrojoe says:

This isn’t exactly going to take up a lot of time and expense to pass. There’s no harm in pushing something like this through quickly. The economy in WI will not collapse because of it, no one will lose their job.

Regarding CA vs. WI milk/cheese production; Actually, CA only beats WI in Milk production. WI remains #1 in cheese by about 20 million lbs per month (2008 data). In fact, I live in Oakland, CA and see more WI cheese on store shelves than CA cheese. Yes, CA leads in milk production but per sq mile or per capita WI is far and above the leader.

7. grimc says:

Wisconsin, California–bah. I’ll take Tillamook Cheddar and Oregon beer any day of the week.

8. Jenonymous says:

Okay, I may as well start the obvious joke here.

I nominate the entire NY State Senate as our collective microbes. Why? They can live off off any kind of crap, they can spoil anything, are impossible to get rid of, and they have the processing power of single-cell organisms.

Can I get an amen on that?

9. dreamfish says:

Broken link

10. IronEdithKidd says:

Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that there are more important things that the Wisconsin legislature *should* be tackling?

• Because you are lactose intolerant. The original post covered this. ;)

• IronEdithKidd says:

No, I’m damned well not!

Jaypee: I was born smack in the middle of that cow-infested state. You can just save the southern neighbor hatin’ for an actual fib. There’s a special place in hell for people that drive slower than the speed limit in the passing lane.

• jaypee says:

“..cow-infested state”? I think you meant something like; “..state graced by the beatific presence of those gentle, humble, milk-producing angels”.

• Anonymous says:

that smell nothing like the neighors to the south’s hog farms…

• IronEdithKidd says:

I don’t really have anything against dairy cows. Pigs on the other hand…

Seriously though, Iowa is the only other state I’ve lived in where finding mangled cow-corpses strewn across the freeway is a regular occurrance.

• Artimus Mangilord says:

Beat me to it.

11. jaypee says:

And this is why I love my state. IronEdithKidd sounds like a FIB to me… ;-)