Mexico's Museum of Drugs

15 Responses to “Mexico's Museum of Drugs”

1. Felton says:

Panama Hat: This is the second time I’ve had to reclaim my property from you.
    Indiana Jones: That belongs in a museum!

2. Jorge says:

I’ve been wondering: if most of the drug that goes through Mexico ends up in the USA, the number of drug traffickers in the USA must be at least as big there as in Mexico, so why is it that they are not such a notorious bunch there? Corruption in Mexico?, the USA authorities just don’t make such a fuss about it?, the USA pressures Mexico into doing something about it while they don’t, something else?

3. OoerictoO says:

the level of writing from actual, reputable media organizations as of late, i find horrendous.

“shows the direction of drug trafficking from the south toward the United States.”
    i see MAYBE one arrow going to the US (might even just be baja california). the rest plainly point towards mexico, this makes sense given that this museum is in MEXICO.

“He was responsible for the seizure of more than 8,000 pounds of marijuana and other drug findings.”

i suppose one can seize “drug findings”

“From 1976 to 2009, 636 Mexican forces have died in battles with the cartel”

636 mexican forces died?

Who rolled those joints? Horrible!

5. teapot says:

I have never been very interested in owning a gun. Besides being an accident waiting to happen (sorry NRA nuts… guns do kill people) they are a silly thing to own, as it encourages people who know that you have one to think and feel that they need one to.

But photo #17 changed all that!

Florsie: I think you have some turd left on your face.

much respect for the cartels!!!!

There is an excellent opium museum at the Golden Triangle. It has a hallway with lighting and sound designed to mimic an opium high.

8. lewis stoole says:

i love corporate logo shirts. i have to get me one of those.

that weed looks terrible

10. InsertFingerHere says:

Just think of the gift shop !!

11. Chas44 says:

“Semi-submersible submarine”? Really? Doesn’t that make it actually a “crappy, leaky, sinking boat”?

12. GrymRpr says:

@Chas44:
    Would you put tons of your gold in a leaky boat? Even tho it’s a “Wiki” article, It has a few Photo’s And gives a good idea what they look like in use.

“narco submarines can cost up to $1 million USD and take nearly a year to build.”

13. Florsie says:

It’s not so hard to obtain a permission to go to the museum. A few months ago I asked nicely via e-mail what were the requirements for a civilian. A military dude answered saying he just needed my name, my schooling level and a phone number. I’m not so sure if it would be so easy for tourists or foreigners to obtain this permit, but definitely is worth a try.