gATO sez, "Forget about the Turkish Star Wars, this is the stuff! Apparently, there's a Belarusian clone of The Big Bang Theory, called 'The Theorists,' which mimics very closely the characters and plots from the original series."
Belarus, of course, is one of the few remaining largely unreconstructed Soviet-style republics (it's also where my grandfather was born), notorious for its totalitarian hard-line government.
- Boing Boing: Belarus "smile mob" organizers face jail time
- Belarus busts American for providing VoIP, being an entrepreneur ...
- Pop song in praise of Belarus's dictator - Boing Boing
- Journalists remain jailed for covering Belarus protests - Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: Video reveals Belarus electoral fraud
- Boing Boing: Belarusian bloggers free political prisoner
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.