Another Trippy Rabbit Hole
But only one can boast the endorsement of the original Alice: the 1933 Paramount "Alice in Wonderland," being released to DVD by Universal Studios Home Entertainment ($19.98, not rated), the current rights holder. In a Jan. 7, 1934, article in The New York Times, Alice Liddell, quoted under her married name, Mrs. Reginald Hargreaves, expressed admiration for the film that Hollywood had wrought from the story Carroll had invented for her some seven decades before.
"I am delighted with the film and am now convinced that only through the medium of the talking picture art could this delicious fantasy be faithfully interpreted," she declared, her words possibly burnished by a Paramount publicist. " 'Alice' is a picture which represents a revolution in cinema history!"
- Alice in Wonderland tourist board poster Boing Boing
- Alice in Waterland: disturbing vintage postcard from mermaid park ...
- Psychedelic Alice in Wonderland calendar - Boing Boing
- Alice in Wonderland in the USSR - Boing Boing
- Boing Boing: Disney launches Alice in Wonderland couture line
- Boing Boing: Alice in Wonderland staged by Japanese cosplayers
- Alice in Wonderland precursor manuscripts scanned and posted ...