Behold! The new Walt Disney World Fantasyland!

20 Responses to “Behold! The new Walt Disney World Fantasyland!”

1. greengestalt says:

It’s, uh, a bit small. The name Disney alone it’ll be full of kids and adults.

more pictures please!

3. wurp says:

Hot off the DiaB?

4. tomservojr says:

I really, really can’t wait for this.

5. Stefan Jones says:

Looks kind of small. And why didn’t they plant real trees?

6. Lester says:

Woohoo, that gives me a great excuse to give my Dumbo-loving daughter as to why we’re not hitting the parks just yet.

7. rydz says:

This.. this is terrible! How are the kids supposed to have a good time if they can’t even fit through the doors?? I want you to destroy this, and rebuild it.. like, 3 times as big!

8. Wingo says:

What is this – the Walt Disney World Fantasyland… for ANTS?!

9. Spencer Cross says:

Ugh, I don’t know. Every time I see a theme park use the phrase “interactive” to describe a new attraction, I cringe; they managed to squeeze it in twice.

10. scifijazznik says:

Behold? I think you mean “just look at it.”

11. Steve Schnier says:

< *swoon*> It’s the most magical place on Earth!!!

12. Stefan Jones says:

“And one of the most unique offerings in those neighborhoods will be new interactive Storybook adventures with your favorite Disney princesses.”

[Bart]
    Eeeeeyeewwwww . . . .
    [/Bart]

Oh dear god. It looks so tawdry and unimaginative. Like something from King’s Island. I thought that picture was a joke, until I clicked through.

14. Cildar says:

With all the orange and blue it looks like an amusement park for Miami Dolphin fans…. tiny little Miami Dolphin fans…

in a tiny squeaky little voice:

“Mercury Morris is my hero, can we go in the tent now?”

15. Revan343 says:

I was expecting a (hopefully) photoshopped picture of a goth paradise.

16. haineux says:

I have heard that Disney is very very meticulous about their plans and designs. Which is why I am surprised that they have suffered a Spinal Tap-esque mishap like, perhaps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlf5ucFanpY

17. Stefan Jones says:

And, Oh My God, it’s a circus.

You know what lives in circuses? Clowns. Clowns who will drag you down into the underground tunnel system and do things to you. Things that will reduce you to a shrieking invalid, who warns everyone about you of “Heffalumps and woozles!”

18. sam1148 says:

Now, do something with Tom Sawyer’s Island. That place is need of a refrub. Bring back the cold fried chicken and ham sandwiches at Aunt Polly’s on the Island. Do something with the ‘attractions’ on the island…it’s wasted space now.

And ditch the mega-rich ‘night’ thing and bring back the Adventurer’s Club. Somewhere..maybe there. (break the habit and serve some booze there, limited–after all it’s an island away from the “Magic Kingdom”. ).

This is only about a third of it. To give you an idea of what you are looking at, that roller coaster is the one currently known as Goofy’s Barnstormer. The expansion will also include a Little Mermaid ride and a set of super-themed meet-and-greet areas for the Princesses and Fairies.

@17 The Adventurer’s Club didn’t make any money. The real estate was too damn valuable; what I mourn is the passing of the Comedy Warehouse across the street. I’ve heard rumors of the Adventurer’s Club coming back in a different form at another location. I suspect a restaurant in the new development to the east of the Magic Kingdom on the former golf course.