Free download returns: Tribute to The Clash's Sandinista!

11 Responses to “Free download returns: Tribute to The Clash's Sandinista!”

1. snsr says:

Fantastic – thank you! I can mirror the file for a time if you like..

Hey, thanks!!!

Wow, what a great gift and a great way to start my day. I love the Clash and can’t wait to download this.

Thanks – but I can’t get this to unzip!

5. cuvtixo says:

WAIT STOP RIGHT THERE!!! Mr Guterman, apparently you set this up so as to support your own predetermined conclusions. You’re giving away a “tribute” album from a variety of artists, none of whose names are on the cover or are promoted directly. You don’t have data on whether sales for original Clash songs or albums were helped by downloads of this album. There’s also the very real possibility that the QUALITY of the album is crap. But you don’t face the possibility- you already decided it’s the business model. And you have the nerve to call the free giveaway model cynical! Mr Guterman, you didn’t learn anything from the experiment, I’m not sure you ever wanted to learn. It’s so easy to set others up for failure, and shrug your shoulders, while pretending to be noble and generous and open minded. You can put your “tribute” where the sun don’t shine.

When I downloaded it last time it sat unlistened for months but I for one happen to have LOVED this tribute album with some of these tracks being the best covered songs I’ve ever heard, thanks so much!

Great stuff! But why not create a torrent, so you don’t have to deal with the load?

8. chris23 says:

Wow, cuvixto. How long u been grinding that axe?

FWIW, artist list and press release: http://www.conqueroo.com/sandinistapr.html

Is anyone else getting prompted for a password when attempting to unzip the download?

no problem downloading up unzipping. thanks, great project!

11. Jimmy Guterman says:

No one is being prompted for a password, either to download the file or unzip it.