Pink Floyd as chiptunes

17 Responses to “Pink Floyd as chiptunes”

1. imajication says:

I must admit a morbid fascination with this defilement of one of the greatest albums ever.

2. dagfooyo says:

OK now somebody needs to make a the NES game to go with this.

3. LOLvis says:

Beautiful! Now we just need an 8-bit animation of The Wizard of Oz to set to this.

(Even on its own it’s pretty wonderful!)

OMG! THIS IS AWESOME! I’ve been listening to DSOTM since the 70′s and I was recreating it in my mind while listening to the NES version. Bravo!

5. PeaceLove says:

For those who’ve never heard it, Dub Side of the Moon by the Easy Star All-Stars is a fantastic Dub/Reggae cover of the entire album. Sounds like a very bad idea but it actually works sooo well! I got a big shit-eating grin on my face from the first moment that continued through the whole album.

Here’s how it opens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttzwW7pIVIw

6. Jonathan Badger says:

This reminds me of the 1970s/1980s trend (Switched On Bach, Bachbusters, etc.) of doing Bach on cheesy synthesizers.

• IWood says:

Glenn Gould said, “Carlos’s realization of the Fourth Brandenburg Concerto is, to put it bluntly, the finest performance of any of the Brandenburgs–live, canned, or intuited–I’ve ever heard.”

Can’t say much for the knock-offs, but the the original Carlos Switched-On series and her other electronic interpretations of Bach are hardly cheesy.

• Jonathan Badger says:

Well, despite whatever performance skill Carlos had in keyboarding, the fact was synthesizers back then *were* cheesy, with all the tone and charm of a kazoo. Although his/her synthesized Beethoven soundtrack for “A Clockwork Orange” in the same era kinda worked somehow — maybe because it fit the dystopian feel.

7. 9re9 says:

Holy crap, it syncs up perfectly with this!

8. Frank W says:

As a tribute/insult to DSOTM this comes second to Ninja’s boxer shorts.

I just finished listening to the whole thing. I have to say, very enjoyable.

10. JonStewartMill says:

“Have you ever wondered what Dark Side of the Moon would sound like if Pink Floyd had written it for NES, instead of for a rock band?”

No I never have, and I don’t think I want to know.

11. fatlimey says:

Wow, is it last month already?

• David Pescovitz says:

It was new to me and, fortunately, that’s all that matters to me.

• Goofball Jones says:

Yes, can understand that it’s new to you. Not everyone can see everything over the Internet so while some things are old news to some people, some people are seeing it for the first time. But it’s just kind of weird that it’s now just getting here as I heard about this almost everywhere…even the old-folks radio station in Chicago (WGN).

But it’s still cool no matter if you found out a month ago or 10 years from now. I think they did a pretty good job.