Trenchant and graphic UK electoral commentary

22 Responses to “Trenchant and graphic UK electoral commentary”

1. orwellian says:

At first I thought this was going to be a Doctor Who villain/monster. Um, actually, it still might be, depending on your politics.

Looks a little like Davros the Dalek creator. “Exterminate The Doctor! Exterminate NHS!”

2. danwarning says:

Ack! Photo nightmares!

3. Antinous / Moderator says:

Aaron Eckhart has been pwned.

Cory, its good to see you are taking an interest in British politics.

I probably wont be voting for David Cameron (I’m too left leaning for that) but don’t be too mean on David… he’s at least making an attempt on the environment, and the torys policies are quite sane compared to some of their previous election.

Not that they’ll get my vote, but still, its good to maintain a balanced state of mind.

on a side note, that photoshop amalgamation man is one ugly mutha.

Ahh, but you’ve got to give Murdoch some credit. Only an Aussie could create a satirical news network, and sell it to America.
    Honestly, how anyone can watch Fox News and not get the joke is beyond me.

What’s that, it _is_ real?
    Shitcakes :(

Now we see exactly what’s behind all that airbrushing.

7. Vanderwolls says:

I didn’t like tonights YouGov poll because the Sun (Murdoch rag) had it’s hands all over it, all the other polls called it a near tie, and that’s what it looked like to me as I watched.

8. Martin J says:

I love that it is Murdock’s own sense of entitlement which got him into this mess.

It was via the Sky television and the various news international papers that he forced the party leaders into a series of live debates. He knew that David Cameron would have the charisma to beat Brown on tv.

They failed to realise that having Clegg beside them would legitimise what although a national party was considered a wasted vote. In retrospect it was obvious all Clegg had to do was stand beside them and not stoop to the petty gaining of points via the negative comments that which the Tories and Labour do business by he would stand out.

9. grayscale100@gmail.com says:

A striking resemblance: http://www.gehrkeclass.com/MadEyeMood.jpg

10. eviladrian says:

Only seems fair, we Aussies let an 84 year-old English billionaire make decisions for us…

Ex-Australian billionaire, thank you very much. We had the good sense to export him and his citizenship to the US decades ago.

• teapot says:

We had the good sense to export him and his citizenship to the US decades ago.

Yeah, I love that us Aussies get (comparatively to the U.S.) sweet FA from taxing his ass. We totally planned that one well.

Everyone with half a brain knows that News Ltd and Murdoch are scumbags. Their publications are to be treated with similar respect as toilet paper. Fortunately Murdoch has an uphill battle against the current government, what with athletics man Abbott at the helm of the opposition.

12. Scary_UK says:

Murdoch and his cronies are bricking it, every election they follow the obvious winner then claim that it was ‘the Sun Wot Won It’

This time they’ve nailed their colours to the Tory mast and now it looks like it’s not going their way and that will cause huge problems for them. The sudden appearance of James Murdoch and Rebecca Wade in the offices of The Independent shows how desperate they are at the moment.

The Mail and The Telegraph are the same…. they can’t have a Liberal or Labour win, hence the smear campaign against Clegg yesterday morning.

Personally it’s just another reason to vote Lib Dem… to annoy the likes of Cameron, Dacre, Murdoch and The Barclay Brothers

13. jedeye says:

I actually blogged about just this subject yesterday.

I am glad to see that I am not alone in my thinking.

Murdoch looks like Palpatine..

15. octopussoup says:

Well his money is being spent in the UK and Australia then. And if folks really hate him then its money wasted. Just like all the cash Sarah Palin gets. I doubt Cameron is more of moron than Gordon Brown. The world laughs at him.

Murdoch’s up to precisely the same tricks in Australia at the moment…after the national (govt funded) broadcaster announced its own free-to-air digital news channel, the govt criticism from the News Ltd outlets has increased substantially (their cable networks struggle here)