The Shapeways 3D printing blog shows off designs that kids and adults have worked on together. I really like this fire-engine, co-designed between Vijay Paul of DotSan and his 6- and 7-year-old cousins (it has yet to be instantiated):
- 3D printing comes to ceramics
- Shapeways interviews Makerbot: 3D printing ahoy!
- Sci-fi objects from a 3D printer
- Shapeways 3D printing by Internet: 500 free beta signups
- Homemade 3D printer goop made from maltodextrin costs 1/50 of the ...
- 3D printer jargon in action
- Scientific American: five 3D printers
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.