"Freshly Ground Black People" error boosts book sales

12 Responses to “"Freshly Ground Black People" error boosts book sales”

1. Junior says:

Just as planned.

2. stegodon says:

i sent an email to a swamped (and sort-of topically curvaceous) female colleague once beginning with the stellar line, “i know you are very busty, but i was wondering if you could help me with yadda yadda.” oh, typos.

• Junior says:

Ha! A friend’s facebook status recently bemoaned how close the ‘t’ is to the ‘g’ on the keyboard, after meaning to end a fairly critical email to her colleagues with the one-word line, ‘Regards’.

• The Chemist says:

Well, that could just mean that she’s gradually delaying and holding things up (in a good way),

“Okay I’ve set up the booms and have burned off about half this oil. We managed to hold back the leading edge of spill for another day!

Retards,
        Jenny”

lol…I used to work in a computer lab, back in the days of floppy disks. had a student come in, female. She was attactive and needless to say my mind wasnt on computers at that moment. She needed help saving something to her disk. So i promptly said, “ok, go ahead and stick your d*@k in”. About 5 sentences later i realized what i’d said …

4. Antinous / Moderator says:

Have they shown up on eBay for $10,000 yet?

And they corrected it to be “salt and freshly ground african-american pepper”

6. kittypackard says:

Yes, I feel the pain as well. I’m a copy editor and swore I was going to loose my job for not catching an embarrassing typo regarding the TV show “Super Nanny.” Thank goodness some people still have a sense of humor, because going to print with “Super Mammy” was about as offensive as you can get…

• Markle says:

Yeah, I’m waiting to hear what you were going to loose your job upon too, but is Super Mammy really that offensive? She is quite a busy, busty gal.

7. halavais says:

“I’m a copy editor and swore I was going to loose my job…”

You were going to loose your job as a copy editor? Tell me it isn’t so!

Misprint boosts sales or the fact that the huge publicity means people who would have never heard of the book now have?