RIP, Jeanne Robinson

17 Responses to “RIP, Jeanne Robinson”

1. Greg323 says:

My deepest condolences to Spider and his family and friends. His writing has given me a lot of joy and food for thought over the years, and I can only imagine what he must be going through.

I’ll echo Erik’s post. Making my part of the world a better place is the best tribute to Jeanne I can think of…

2. CapnMarrrrk says:

My deepest and sincere condolences to the Robinson family. Spider always made it known through his characters how important Jeanne was to him “Spice”. I hope that the joy you’ve shared over your lifetime will comeback to take the load off your shoulders.

3. Mikemeister says:

All my comforting thoughts are with Spider and his family …
    when I myself was going through a painful period, his books and especially his philosophy
    of compassion and humanity (Callahan’s Law)
    really supported me at that time

My condolences to the Robinson family.

5. Flying Orca says:

Fair winds, Jeanne, and my condolences to Spider and all of the family both blood and non. Here’s hoping some of the love and wisdom you gave to the world comes back to you when you need it.

Sad.

Anyone know “Spider”‘s given name?

Our thoughts are with you, Robinsons. So sorry for your loss.

8. C. A. Bridges says:

Yes. But he prefers Spider, so why not stick with that?

My heart goes out to the Robinsons. May the memories of her life, good and bad, continue to bring you joy and sorrow and passion forever.

9. Contrasoma says:

I met the Robinsons at a reading/signing in my local library when I was twelve and ripping through the Stardance and Callahan books like there was no tomorrow. They seemed like such a sweet and gentle couple. My condolences to Spider and their children.

10. 110rdr33f4 says:

As one recent widower to another: I’m sorry Spider, I know how you feel.

11. Tomas says:

Sad day, indeed. :o(

My heart goes out to Spider, his extended family, and many friends.

12. Erik Harrison says:

“Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased—thus do we refute entropy.”

I don’t know Spider, it would be tricky to share any joy or pain with him directly. But I’ll do my best to make my little corner of the world better. Maybe it’ll leak up to him.

13. kimnbri says:

My condolences to Paul and his family at this time of loss.
    BR1AN Jankowski and family.

14. tyger11 says:

A strange trifecta – Gary Coleman, Dennis Hopper and Jeanne Robinson. They’ll all be missed.

15. arborman says:

I didn’t know him personally, but I saw him talk at a writers festival once (onstage with William Gibson). I enjoy his writing very much.

And of all the writers I enjoy, none have been so clear in the scope and scale of his love for his wife. I have little doubt he is utterly devastated.

16. shadowfirebird says:

That’s sad. I certainly never met them, but you can tell from Spider’s writing how much he cares/cared about Jean.

FWIW, my thoughts are with them.