Turn your iPad into a typewriter

11 Responses to “Turn your iPad into a typewriter”

1. Lod Tilly says:

I am glad someone did something to make it useful.

2. I less than three mermaids says:

Terry Gilliam was unavailable for comment…

• Gtmac says:

I was thinking the same thing when I saw this. Why use an iPad? Just hook up the typewriter and put a Fresnel lens in front of your iPhone to get the full effect.

3. dross1260 says:

Not one wite*out line?

4. dagfooyo says:

Next someone should make an app wherein you can feed your ipad into an actual typewriter and it will input text based on what typebars hit it. Of course then you’d have ink all over your ipad.

5. Paul Coleman says:

I really think there’s an opportunity for civil disobedience here.
    < a href="http://dnainfo.com/20100520/greenwich-village/typewriters-run-dry-at-greenwich-village-writers-room">http://dnainfo.com/20100520/greenwich-village/typewriters-run-dry-at-greenwich-village-writers-room

6. Chinese Jet Pilot says:

I want it the other way around – I type on my iPad and characters are printed on paper by tiny hammers.

So… it’s a typewriter turned into a USB keyboard. Got it. It seems like this happens with a lot of new gadgets. Someone makes what is essentially a peripheral, but as soon as they plug it into something popular, suddenly it’s a worthy story.

Might want to avoid the paper shredder…

9. webmonkees says:

It’s a passive mod (a metal strip makes contact with the key striker) , so this is much less destructive than say, the steampunk keyboards..

What bothers me, though is the guy has trademarked USB typewriterâ„¢ which I fear may become a Monster over time in litigation.

10. r4ds says:

I get a huge kick out of anything that brings old tech or gadgets, back to us in USB form… Like the LP player… Amazing stuff!