As a news conference was kicking off to announce Netflix's service -- which uses the Internet to stream unlimited access to thousands of movies and TV shows for $7.99 a month -- extras were asked to spill into the street and encouraged to "play types, for example, mothers, film buffs, tech geeks, couch potatoes etc."Netflix apologizes for using actors to meet press at Canadian launch (via Engadget)
"Extras are to behave as members of the public, out and about enjoying their day-to-day life, who happen upon a street event for Netflix and stop by to check it out," reads an information sheet handed out to extras.
"Extras are to look really excited, particularly if asked by media to do any interviews about the prospect of Netflix in Canada."
- Roku: $100 gadget for watching Netflix movies on your TV
- Nina Paley passes Netflix DRM and thousands of dollars
- Netflix and HD: a DRM disaster that costs you your videos and ...
- Sita Sings the Blues comes to Netflix
- Review: A few days with the Netflix Player by Roku ...
- Netflix is about to commit a privacy Valdez with its customers ...
- Roku Netflix Player goes open source Gadgets