JourneyQuest: fan-supported, CC-licensed fantasy/comedy series

25 Responses to “JourneyQuest: fan-supported, CC-licensed fantasy/comedy series”

I still have a few episodes to get through but my buddy posted a piece of JourneyQuest fan art already!

Well done all around!

these guys are amazing. donate now!

3. efergus3 says:

You might also like the Angel parody: CHERUB: The Vampire With Bunny Slippers. http://www.scotto.org/listing.php?id=157 Very funny.

4. jeraliey says:

Don’t forget to visit their web page if you liked it! They’re raising money for a second season:

Epic!!

I love it! It’s buy the group that made The Gamers: Dorkness Rising, which is also an awesome movie.

7. brillow says:

I appreciate their effort, but the music is awful. I can forgive a lot in a low budget movie, bad costumes, bad acting, bad lighting, bad sound, but not bad music. The alternative is to NOT have music. The most important breakthrough in contemporary television was the realization that you don’t need music constantly playing. Much less annoyingly cliche fairy-dance crapola.

• Anonymous says:

Sorry Brillow, I just can’t agree, I love the music. It’s a similar sound from their previous efforts, Gamers and Gamers: Dorkness Rising.

In a period where a lot of fantasy gets a heavy metal soundtrack, the “cliche” fairy dance music is perfect for the blend of humor and fantasy.

The chick kinda reminds me of Erin from The Office. No?

This is seriously one of the best produced shows out right now…and it’s not even on TV!

The Gamers ruled. TG:Dorkness Rising ruled. Journey-Quest rules. Thanks guys!

10. Roborangutang says:

I’ve been following the series since it was announced, and have been watching devotedly every Tuesday (except when interrupted by the birth of the editor’s first child). Even donated some $$ and got my name in the credits of Episode 5! I have loved the Dead Gentleman for years, and was thrilled when ZOE became a reality.

Be sure to check out their other big project — “Strowlers” http://www.strowlers.com/ — Steampunk Seattle is the setting for an amazing tale of adventure, intrigue, mechanics and magic. The site has detailed description of the world’s characters and geography which have already taken on a life of their own, despite the fact that ZOE is still looking for funding for Season One. Several “Strowler Nights” events took place in cities across the US this fall– Steampunk Masquerades full of costumes, music, and art befitting the setting of the story. If you like the idea, and would like to see it made a reality, please:

Visit. Participate. Donate.

11. efergus3 says:

Or a visit with Chad Vader – and the trials and tribulations of Darth Vader’s younger brother and his job as day shift manager at a grocery store. http://www.babelgum.com/chadvader

12. Tensegrity says:

Hrm, I watched the first episode, gave it a full 7 minutes to make me chuckle and, well, it didn’t. But kudos for the quality and effort.

13. Aaron says:

Donating, and anxiously awaiting the next season!

14. vert says:

This is what the internet was invented for.

15. railroad9 says:

Christian (Perf) is a very old friend, and I assure you they’re having a good time. I can only imagine how much fun this series must be to make (as far as making movies can be deemed fun).

16. MrsBug says:

Wow, I read this as Jonny Quest.

OMG – I clicked play just for a laugh, and ended up watching the darn thing!

I’m doomed – I’ll be playing WoW next!

18. thekinginyellow says:

what’s up with that crazy shaky motion matching camera thing at the end with the mountain? i was getting kind of interested but after seeing that weird post production shot i think i might not give episode two a chance. someone please persuade me to watch part 2.

@thekinginyellow – the shaky motion camera seems to be a direct nod to BSG (Battlestar Galactical). And if it is, well done on the nod, gentlemen!

And yes, give episode 2 (and 3 for that matter) a go. It takes a little time for the series to get going (as one would expect), and once it takes off, it’s awesome.

• thekinginyellow says:

that makes sense now. it was just weird and as a motion graphics artist i thought it was kind of a half-assed attempt at motion matching.

20. The Hamster King says:

Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!

21. Phasefire says:

Hey I’ve been a big fan of The Dead Gentlemen for years.
    If you have the cash you should definitely support them.

Some friends and I are also making a D&D themed series.
    We just posted a pilot that we’re using to recruit more crew and actors around Vancouver BC.
    Check it out please and if your near Van drops us a line.
    Thanks
    Here’s a link to the pilot

and here’s a link to the audition posting.

Totally makes me want to play gauntlet!