Jacobsor sez, "This post provides a 'how to' guide for a simple way to remove DRM from Kindle, Nook and other ebook files using the open-source Calibre application in conjunction with some third-party plugins. I tried it on my Kindle library, and it works great, without needing to muck about manually with Python scripts. The Calibre program also allows you to convert files from one format to another, such as Kindle format (.mobi files) to epub files."
This is a followup from yesterday's somewhat more complicated Kindle de-DRM-ifier method.
Ebook Formats, DRM and You -- A Guide for the Perplexed (Thanks, Jacobsor, via Submitterator!)
- DRM-free Kindle books: are they any free-er? - Boing Boing
- David Byrne: Kindle DRM means "you are f*cked" Boing Boing
- HOWTO break Kindle book DRM - Boing Boing
- Some Kindle books have secret caps on the number of times you can ...
- Report: Amazon flipping the DRM kill-switch on customers' Kindles ...
- Tim O'Reilly: Kindle needs to embrace standards or die - Boing Boing