DoubleTap: share music between Android phones by tapping them together

13 Responses to “DoubleTap: share music between Android phones by tapping them together”

1. EH says:

From the name I’m guessing it only transfers gangsta rap songs.

2. von Bobo says:

Sweet technology. Doubt I would ever use it.

So is this type of “file sharing” legally allowed?

• turn_self_off says:

Depends on where you live. At present i think this would be allowed in Norway for instance, as current copyright law here allow sharing of copies between close friends and family.

As such, this could make it big in schoolyards and such.

Still, Norway is in the process of reworking their copyright legislation right now. And this comes on top of the recent implementation of the EU data storage directive that means any email, call, sms and data (browsing, file transfers and so on) activity will have its end points and duration logged for 6 months. Also the language used by the politician in charge basically reeks of the assumption that copyright is a natural right, and that file sharers are the most immoral of criminals.

3. imag says:

Where’s the app that will make my android device into a decent phone?

4. Michael Smith says:

I am working on a peer to peer location sharing application for android. A mechanism like this would work wonders for initially peering handsets.

5. gwailo_joe says:

Most Impressive.

But…if we tap phones: will you also get my naked mistress photos and angry screeds I write about my boss?

This seems like a possible game changer to me: sharing a little song… is…nice.

Yet, the potential for many gigs of personal info to be available at a tap is another thing entirely.

I would be like trump in a leper colony: no contact.

6. Bade says:

I am working on a virus application for android. A mechanism like this would work wonders for initially peering handsets.

7. jtegnell says:

Kind like the Vulcan mind meld, huh?

8. Itsumishi says:

Great, now everytime I’m on a crowded train I’ll end up with either Lady Gaga or some crappy techno on my phone… hrmph!

I’m sure the RIAA will be totally fine with this concept.

Zombie phones? Always remember to double tap

11. toyg says:

How is this different from “Bump” for iPhone ?

I ask because I’ve had that for the longest time and I’ve NEVER EVER used it. And I know I’m not the only one.