Stealth TV-B-Gone in a jacket

18 Responses to “Stealth TV-B-Gone in a jacket”

1. BethNOLA says:

I, too, have a clever trick for when I walk into a bar or restaurant with televisions playing that I don’t want to watch.

I walk out and find a bar or restaurant without televisions, and leave the people enjoying the game or the news or whatever it is they’ve chosen to get together and enjoy.

• Anonymous says:

My, what a lot of self-righteousness here.

It’s a wonder there’s room for you all on that pedestal.

2. Nettdata says:

m th nly n thnkng, “wht btch”?

3. nixiebunny says:

This will go together well with the wearable TV set that I’m building.

4. pinehead says:

Now all we need are cheap IR goggles, so bar & restaurant managers can easily spot the passive-aggressive human garbage using TV-B-Gone devices in their establishments.

5. brbrbrad says:

My smartphone (Nokia N900) has an IR port and a TVBGone app. Nobody thinks twice when I pull it out, point it straight at the TV, and activate the app. They just think I’m texting someone.

6. Bubba says:

My jacket has a built-in Entitleometer which buzzes whenever I’m being a complete prick and dictating how others must behave.

7. shonnarchy says:

Phew! I didn’t want to be the lone dissenter thinking to myself “if you don’t want to watch tv when you go to a restaurant, choose a restaurant that doesn’t have a television on”. TV-B-Gone is a prank gadget. It’s funny and amusing in certain situations. But using it to dominate environments (or feeling the need to dominate an environment) is fucking stupid.

8. jenjen says:

When my Pacemaker-B-Gone arrives from Amazon, I will look at sewing it into a sweater. Now that Kevorkian’s gone, someone’s gotta step up.

9. von Bobo says:

but what if your outfit doesn’t work with the coat?

10. millie fink says:

Want! But only for the row of TVs in our campus exercise center. And only for one of them, actually, the one with Faux News on it. It’s the only “news” station playing.

I’ve left several requests for MSNBC on another TV to balance things out a bit, but alas. The center’s manager must be a True Believer.

brbrbrad gets the points, so far.

But once the TV is off, it will be quiet enough for the patrons to hear you snickering about turning off the TV.

12. Jenn2D2 says:

While her ingenuity and DIY spirit are great, why exactly would I want to celebrate someone going into a private place of business and screwing with their electronics? If anything, she’s demonstrating a lack of respect for other people’s preferences and space (both the owners and the other customers). She has many options if she doesn’t like the televisions on at a restaurant, including requesting for them to be turned off, moving to a different table, or just leaving.

13. oxrs says:

Yeah, like others, I don’t enjoy watching tv while out and about, but this idea and course of action just proves how much of a self entitled control freak you are. If you don’t like it, go find something else that you do like. What makes you think it’s ok to dictate how others enjoy themselves, just so you can be comfortable in that exact place and time?

14. mordicai says:

It is awesome because I’m selfish & passive aggressive! Ha ha ha lol, so counter culture. Nothing says iconoclast like wrecking things for other people out of a misplaced sense of entitlement!

15. gwit says:

Low tech way to defeat it is just cover the IR receiver with tape. The fun way to defeat it is deploy an IR jamming device. Something like this: http://www.redferret.net/?p=26706