Versatile "Magic Carpet" is a sleep mat, lounger and cocoon

16 Responses to “Versatile "Magic Carpet" is a sleep mat, lounger and cocoon”

Thank the Gods. I have so many inverted trapezoidal 2-sided mat-cocoons in which to fetally lay. Now I can replace them all with something that also doubles as esoteric, boringly-shaped mat-furniture.

2. chilero says:

Clearly it’s some form of sex furniture pretending to have other uses.

3. Pickapair says:

I think I’ve found a weekend project!

4. sockdoll says:

These should be distributed to kindergartens and preschools everywhere. Three kids could fit on one of those crosswise for nap time, and if you flip over that “cocoon” you’d have the beginnings of a pretty decent fort. It seems like most kids are born engineers and architects.

5. snakedart says:

By ‘cocoon’, I believe they mean ‘coffin’.

6. g0d5m15t4k3 says:

Looks too big to wedge under my desk at work where I like to nap. good concept though.

7. Stefan Jones says:

If it had hinged end flaps it could turn into a triangular-cross section coffin, for that final, eternal rest.

8. Chevan says:

bottom left looks pretty uncomfortable. It looks like he’s holding himself in mid-air with his weight on the back of his knees.

9. elagie says:

Looks neither comfortable nor attractive and I cannot imagine any possible purpose for the cocoon — too dangerous for little kids with those X straps on the end and what adult feels the need to sleep in something that looks like a refrigerator box? The lounger would only be even minimally comfortable to people of exactly a certain height. And even as a sleep mat, how comfortable could that thin padding be? Epic fail, to my mind.

• Mark Crummett says:

>>>what adult feels the need to sleep in something that looks like a refrigerator box?<<<

Yo! Sounds like fun!

10. Mitch_M says:

Hypothetically it’s a nice idea but I don’t want one in my home. The mat configuration is the only one that looks comfortable. I reckon creative folks have to go through a lot of ideas that work hypothetically but not in real life to get to ones that do work for real, so I still consider this worth trying, at least as a prototype.

11. glatt1 says:

Looks uncomfortable. To be that rigid it can’t be cushy.

12. blueelm says:

So… it’s like a futon but less attractive. K.