Firefox comes to Android tablets

9 Responses to “Firefox comes to Android tablets”

1. millie fink says:

I prefer Chrome. Quicker, and a bigger window.

2. darrrrrrn says:

I used to be an unwavering supporter of Firefox until it started stuttering during every video I watched on youtube.  So I started watching videos in Chrome but when I’m low on memory the Chrome tabs all start failing, now I’m back to Safari, like a chump.  I want Firefox and my lovely adblocker back, but i get the impression it’s become a bit bloated and unyeilding.

3. Nick Hayday says:

If it has a stylus, they blew it

4. BarBarSeven says:

FireFox nowadays has issues. I mean when they post a new “major” version each month (what’s it up to now 6? Is 7 due soon?) then that wreaks of lack of confidence. It’s also slow from a web animation point of view; jQuery runs like crap on FireFox no matter how much optimization there is. Safari or Chrome is the best way to go nowadays.

5. guthrien says:

I don’t want to be one of THOSE people but isn’t the Lenovo tablet leveraging its particular grade of DRM? Incongruous!

6. walter davis says:

firefox used to be the best in the game, but that’s very false now with google chrome

7. Ben Burger says:

Firefox keeps freezing on me, like 3 or 4 times an hour, does anyone know why this might be?

8. Karl J. Smith says:

I’m actually excited by the stylus – I’d like to be able to draw diagrams and things with it.

I even went so far as to ask Lenovo customer support via their online chat to see if their new tablet had an open boot loader (e.g. http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php/public/root_friendly), but they didn’t quite get what I was asking about and claimed that it had no bootloader at all.
     I’ll keep waiting until I get more information about it, but I’m also very aware that the Tegra 3/Kal-El tablets with quad-core processors are very close to being released and will probably just keep waiting until then.