Facebook's misleading "log out" button and the future of privacy legislation

16 Responses to “Facebook's misleading "log out" button and the future of privacy legislation”

1. Webbie Webbster says:

I Liked this article on Facebook.

2. CGulow says:

Speaking of social tracking… Yesterday I was listed as having 30 or 40 comments (I cannot remember the exact number) and 80+ likes received. Today it says I’ve posted 95 comments and have 3 likes.

3. CGulow says:

Now I have 20 comments and 95 likes… How are we going to achieve the “Bitchun Society” when we can’t properly track this stuff?

4. EMF says:

The interesting thing about this stance by Facebook is that it seems to assume that Facebook users love Facebook and would take their side. With a billion users, that would be pretty strong. But I think the truth is that Facebook is the necessary evil of Facebook in the majority of users’ minds.

5. Paul Renault says:

That’s it: I’m adding facebook.com to my hosts file.

6. Sarge Misfit says:

I don’t have a FaceBook account. I’ve never visited FaceBook’s site. I’ve never followed a FaceBook link. I’ve never clicked a “like” button. I have AdBlock Plus installed on my FireFox (the Auroa version) and various other plugins and anti-spyware and privacy protection’ware installed. I may very well be the only person in the world that FaceBook has no info on.
    Probably not, but one can hope.

7. Finnagain says:

I can’t believe people are still happily giving facef*ck more money.

8. Dave Feland says:

Will I go to hell if I share this on my wall?

9. Perla D.T says:

I deleted Facebook about 2 months prior to their newest changes and I’ve never looked back.

10. gwailo_joe says:

I ‘ended’ my Facebooking over a year ago.

And I know they have all my info sitting in some server somewhere; and while it’s not That incriminating…still:

the only thing more worrisome than Mark Zuckerberg gaffling my faux-life, is the thought of the Federal Government mucking around with draconian and/or ineffectual legislation to ‘protect’ me.

11. CGulow says:

If they get a law passed to allow Facebook tracking, how long before they get a law passed REQUIRING a Facebook account? Facebook would like to be the ubiquitous login for the Intertubes.

12. Eark_the_Bunny says:

I log off of facebook by closing Firefox, poof go all the nasty cookies, history, etc.!  I can also just hit the CLEAR ALL DATA  button too instead.

13. teapot says:

Facebook… Isn’t that like Myspace or something?

14. This is really dangerous. Any regulation on the web leads us further away from net neutrality. If you are on the internet, privacy is impossible. The sooner people realize that the better.