What are the odds that you, as an individual, exist? Pretty good, you'd guess, since you're sitting right here reading this. But, in an abstract sense, the chances that you exist are really rather slim. In fact, once you see the full infographic, put together by futurist and designer Sofya Yampolsky of Visual.ly, I'm sure you'll be much more skeptical of your existence.
The infographic is based on this post by Dr. Ali Binazir.
- Great Moments in Pedantry: Analyzing blackboards from school-themed porn
- Great Moments in Pedantry: Parsing the language of porn
- Great Moments in Pedantry: Pie charts aren't so bad, after all
- Great Moments in Pedantry: Octopuses, octopi, octopodes
- Great Moments in Pedantry: How "Jurassic Park" got Velociraptors wrong
- Pedantry of the Day: A "parsec" is a unit of distance, not time