My smiley face business card party game

20 Responses to “My smiley face business card party game”

1. SedanChair says:

Dean, you are the Johnny Appleseed of weird awesomeness

2. This is  a brilliant idea that I want to steal for my business cards. I’m thinking laser cut the smiley out with my name and contacts cut out on the sides.

3. ymendel says:

Nice. I spent quite a while carrying around *completely* blank business cards, inspired by Hugh MacLeod of gapingvoid fame. ( http://gapingvoid.com/ for the lazy) I just drew on them myself, though, or actually used them to write down some contact info for someone else. Your way plants the seed of an idea that can grow in many interesting directions.

4. wrecksdart says:

The others are great, and I wish I had that talent…but the first image is definitely… first.  And yes, that makes me feel like a simpleminded fool.

5. jimh says:

Love the Sluggo nose!
    Also, When BoingBoing loads, there is a second where I can scroll down, and then a screen freeze while the ads load that usually lasts a second or two. The first one with the Marilyn pose was frozen on my large monitor at that point and drew some attention from coworkers over my shoulder. It’s NOT actually NSFW, but the line quality is… excellent.

• We are going to fix our ad-ruined loads with the magic of iframes, imminently.

• Manny says:

Bless you! I’ve been feeling bad about wanting to complain about the ads on an ad-supported site.

• teapot says:

Odd request: can you also please make it so that when scrolling down through the post/comments either the whole sidebar is displayed or so the whole thing is hidden. The problem with having it stay half-showing is that to people walking past it looks like I’ve been viewing one page throughout the day…..or maybe put the staff list at the bottom so it is the only thing displaying on the right?

This is what it feels like when anyone walks past:

PS: This is a cool project Dean, thanks for sharing.

• Dean Putney says:

I… had never thought of it like that. That’s an interesting point, you should be able to slack off safely. I’ll take that into consideration for sure, thanks for letting me know!

• Donald Petersen says:

Thanks, teapot.  I’ve been wanting the same thing addressed for ages now, and for much the same reason.  And thank you, Dean, both for addressing it, and for this groovy post!

• EH says:

Just a second or two? Lucky! BB is unusable for me without AdBlock.

6. Listener43 says:

Your smiley faces made my face smile.

7. Josh Ellingson says:

Neat. Glad to have been included but I’m sure a lot of these artists have no idea that they are getting posted for the masses. Maybe you want to link to them or at least credit who did what?

8. Halloween Jack says:

Holy crap these are good.

9. Kimmo says:

Yeah, these are great.

Call me a total deviant, but Mae’s one kinda struck me as a black woman in the doggy style position letting rip a huge, ignited fart.

10. The crowd of smiley faces is mine!

Shaenon K. Garrity