World's shortest man

18 Responses to “World's shortest man”

1. Bob N Johnson says:

The man is 72 years old and still working, maybe the last thing he needs is medical advice and support. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

• ComradeQuestions says:

Hopefully it’s not too little, too late.

…Get it?

• Erational says:

My thoughts exactly. A child born with whatever condition he has in an industrialized country would likely have already been tortured, and perhaps killed, by the ‘healthcare’ system in an attempt to make him ‘normal’.

• ialreadyexist says:

I read a story a long while ago about some really old person (over 100) who had horrible eating habits.  After being convinced to try a more healthy lifestyle, s/he promptly died.

• Lobster says:

Absolutely, since the standard course of modern medical treatment for someone like this is to strap them to the rack and stretch them out until they’re normal-sized.  Then if they survive that, shoot them directly in the forehead.

• Erational says:

Actually, it is — it’s just done with drugs and surgery, rather than with racks and guns. (Just ask anyone who’s grown up with a significant congenital condition and interacted with the orthodox medical profession from a young age.) The casual and culturally sanctioned brutality of ‘modern medicine’ would shock anyone not immersed in its ideology from birth onwards.

• Lobster says:

I’m one of those people.

And I bear the scars of my treatments.  And I’ve suffered through radiation.  And I poison my body.  But you know what?  I’m alive.  I’m alive and I can function in real society.  Had I declined those treatments, I would have died in agony.  Had I gone with an “alternative” course of treatment, I would have died in agony.  Had I accepted that my cells grow in their own special and unique way, I would have felt good about myself as I died in agony.

You don’t need to stay up on that soapbox just because you’re afraid you’ll slip on the way down.  I assure you, modern medicine can fix a sprained ankle.

• Wreckrob8 says:

I’m not sure of what the correct PC terminology is for shorter people these days – there are various different conditions, but they do generally live to a very decent old age. The opposite is the case for people with definable medical conditions which increase height well above average – they tend to die prematurely.

2. Adam Gillitt says:

“…You gotta pick ‘em up just to say ‘Hello.’”

3. Hanglyman says:

I’m glad he’s happy about it… my first thought was that notifying the media seemed like a pretty insensitive thing to do. But maybe the forest contractor got permission… it sounds like Chandra is really looking forward to seeing more of the world and using his fame to support his village.

4. cooljames says:

He’s clearly slouching.

5. Spriggan_Prime says:

He makes his living weaving traditional Nepalese garments …and obviously supplements that by fencing stolen goods in the airport men’s room.

6. Alice Crawford says:

Just sayin’, not all of us use iPads as a refernce point for height.  I’ll take the basketball, thank you very much.

7. chupsahey says:

It might be a little old Chinese fella, but to me it looks a lot like a wise baby.
    Just keep an eye on it,  see if it get bigger, that’s all I’m saying.

8. Krishna Sadasivam says:

Amazing! For a minute there, I thought the image of the guy was Photoshopped, but reading the article really put his height into perspective.