Jordan cave on CouchSurfing.com

12 Responses to “Jordan cave on CouchSurfing.com”

1. Koocheekoo says:

I wonder if it is similar to the cave Karl Plinkerton stayed in during the Jordan episode of Idiot Abroad.
    http://science.discovery.com/tv/an-idiot-abroad/photos/jordan/jordan-photos-quotes-11.html  I thought it was very cool and would be fun.  If  I ever make it there, I might just take this fellow up on his offer.

2. relawson says:

I would gladly trade my home in the Indianapolis burbs to him.

If he knows computers he can have my job and car as well.

3. Loafer says:

weird, I think I’ve had tea with that guy when I was there

4. Scott Anger says:

I KISS YOU!!!

5. Paul Renault says:

“…Al-Bedoul has done some decorating on the inside. The roof is painted black with stars circling the room.”

Methinks that CNN needs an editor or two.

Mind you, you can’t tell from the photos whether the roof IS painted black.

• Antinous / Moderator says:

‘Roof’ appears to be interchangeable with ceiling when talking about caves. You don’t refer to the ceiling of your mouth, do you?

• Paul Renault says:

Your guess is right, I don’t say ‘ceiling of the mouth’.  I usually say ‘palais de la bouche’.

For the monolinguals out there: that’d be ‘palate’.

6. retepslluerb says:

I love how it is always a washroom or bathroom, never a lavatory in English.

(And yes, I’m aware that the German word for it started out as an Euphemism, too, but all other uses basically died out by now.)

7. illobo says:

been there! http://www.flickr.com/photos/_lobo/5382027030/in/set-72157625889379912 amazing experience :) there was full moon as well and it was simply magic – A+++++ will do again

8. Editz says:

“I don’t know anyone named Obi-Wan, but old Ben lives out beyond the dune sea.”

9. Jon Killpack says:

If I were spending the night in a cave, this is where I’d do it.