Jim Henson's "Time Piece" (1965)

25 Responses to “Jim Henson's "Time Piece" (1965)”

• Jorpho says:

A truly beautiful film, Henson’s “The Cube” (the color version used to be on Google Video under “ebuc eht”), but no relation at all to the horror movies, aside from perhaps some vaguely similar themes.

1. ” doesn’t feature any puppetry”

hmm, i saw several segments that could be constituted as puppetry.

2. And, anyone who grew up watch sesame street in the 70′s will recognize the film style immediately.

• Rich Keller says:

When the waiter took the dome off of the tray at the dinner table I expected Henson to sing “One… severed human head!” and fall down some stairs

3. bcsizemo says:

NTSC telecine errr…
    (internal raging)

also, LSD it’s a hell of a drug.

4. awjt says:

“BOING! BOING!”

5. awjt says:

You know what’s especially unsettling? Jim Henson died of a massive systemic infection because he refused antibiotics due to his devout Christian Scientist beliefs.  And here he is  pulling the covers up over over his own dead body in a hospital bed.  Weird.

6. ken ray says:

awww…video removed? Talk about the Streisand Effect:

7. strangefriend says:

Here it is (the complete video) on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/video/charlie/time-piece/42739744

• David Pescovitz says:

Thanks. I embedded the YouTube except and linked to the video on MySpace. I appreciate it, Toby and Strangefriend!

8. Nikhil says:

Nobody from India can view this as the Vimeo player is banned here. World’s largest democracy hard at work.

9. I used to marvel at the crappy nature of student videos in college. Now I see that every once in a looooooooooooooong time, someone who does one makes up for it.

10. 3William56 says:

I’m a huge fan of Jim Henson’s work, but if that got an Oscar nod, it must have been a pretty lean year (and Terry Gilliam might want a word).

11. Vanwall Green says:

I used to see this as one of a series of short films  before the main midnight special, once opening for “Freaks”. It was sometimes shown with “Solo”, the Oscar-winning mountain climbing short  by Mike Hoover, and a number of other quirky shorts.

12. zezzledog says:

The name is Jerry Juhl, not Suhl

13. While showing my age, I recall seeing this as a sophmore in High School in 67 as part of some educational program from Princeton…or somewhere. Needless to say it must have worked as I can still recall it and am still impressed by it…and I wish Henson were still around.

14. Sparg says:

I kept waiting for Rover to come bouncing after the runners.