Book trailer: Trust Me, I'm Lying

25 Responses to “Book trailer: Trust Me, I'm Lying”

1. Ben Harris says:

Book trailers are almost universally horrible. This is awesome

2. Pope Ratzo says:

“Ryan Holiday is a media strategist for notorious clients such as Tucker Max and Dov Charney.”

He admits this?  Publicly?

3. jpdellanno says:

Monster octopus ftw

4. Bryce says:

I can’t wait for this! The artwork for this trailer was so creative. Pre-ordering today.

5. Sarah Dulaney says:

Looks pretty good.  I actually read some of  his stuff from time to time on Forbes so it’ll be interesting to see what he has to say in the book.

6. Tam_Spencer says:

This trailer is ridiculously good. Already pre-ordered and very excited!

7. Trey Roady says:

Helps represent American Apparel? I’m *still* not happy about BoingBoing and the American Apparel ads.

Scummy business practices are scummy.

8. Anderson Smythe says:

Seems way overstated and bombastic for my taste. You claim others are manipulating the media and want me to listen? Lay your ideas out there plainly as opposed to dressed up in flash, drama and marketing-speak.

• Ambiguity says:

But that’s kind of the point, isn’t it? Same with the fake accounts above talking about their quivering excitement.

I suppose if he were really good the fake accounts and the bombast wouldn’t be so noticeable, but still, it’s kind of what you expect.

• Beth Cravens says:

People don’t watch news anymore to be informed. They only want their beliefs to be affirmed. This makes it easy to start some kind of non-story that confirms whatever fear/belief the target audience has. Made even easier with shrinking news budgets

9. Clever trailer – it really grabs one’s attention!

Oh and The 48 Laws of Power is an amazing book that everyone should read. It’s one of the few books that I insist on having in hardcover.

10. livingdebt says:

a media manipulator preparing for a book launch….expect to see ryan holiday appearing a lot more in the upcoming weeks “organically”

11. ADavies says:

Well, if he doesn’t then I’d be wasting my time with the book.

12. ADavies says:

Also expect a lot of people to read this book as a “how to” guide.

13. devina says:

Eh, I feel that even if he puts an entertaining spin on it, this whole media manipulation thing is getting out of hand. Can you imagine the world where every penny-ante huckster knows how to spin their product into a news story for the world’s unwitting consumption?

14. Cindy says:

gross but intriguing. gotta think he’s somehow making money on this malarkey.

15. Bruce Armstrong says:

I kinda really like the trend of books having book trailers.  I think Tim Ferriss did it first with the 4 Hour Body.  Read this guy’s blog for years – looking forward to him finally publishing a book.