Beware of attack birds

18 Responses to “Beware of attack birds”

1. Susan Carley Oliver says:

Pretty common to have birds defend their territory in this manner.  Just wear safety goggles until the babies have fledged and you’ll be fine.  :)

2. B E Pratt says:

Caps should be worn too. I been bonked on the head by birds before. And at night too which seemed a bit unusual. Very startling.

3. alfanovember says:

“Upper Noe Recreation Center” says it all.

4. Nash Rambler says:

Don’t worry, they only attack blond schoolteachers.

5. Ambiguity says:

I think they’re….angry!

6. adamrice says:

There’s a park in Tokyo, Arisugawa-koen, that is a haven for ravens (seriously). Some parts of it make you feel like you’re in a Hitchcock movie. Which is why you see signs like this (the warning in Japanese is a little more urgent-sounding). http://www.flickr.com/photos/quelqu/3824488045/

7. crummett says:

I thought it said “…pecking at pubic.”  Puts a whole different spin on things.

8. ImmutableMichael says:

There’s nothing quite as terrifying as riding past a magpie nest during breeding season and seeing a magpie’s shadow and yours rapidly converging….

9. dfoic says:

I think they’re starlings. There’s some here in the East Bay that are downright mean. When they are out, I change my walk home from the BART station…

10. Redwing blackbirds are also bravely, nastily aggressive. Worked in a building downtown where a pair had set up housekeeping in a decorative Bradford pear tree.  Good thing the building had two entrances because the bird made the one a real challenge.

11. Lexicat says:

Anyone who lived in Noe Valley in the Oughties and didn’t know there was an insane grackle dive bombing pedestrians across the street from from the defunct Real Food grocery store clearly didn’t get out much.

12. Arnaud says:

And so it begins.

13. Robert Ragland says:

Hey that’s *my* park! My bf and I take our dog Toby there everyday! I didn’t know a boing-boinger (boinger-boing?) was there as well! Cool!

14. jimh says:

Where I catch the train at Carl/Cole, there’s a little dog park. Some years ago, I would get pecked on the head almost every day walking under the tree before I gave up and started taking a different route to the train. The birds would actually sort of hover, and come back in for seconds! Now I know where the birds relocated to. A better neighborhood!

15. CLamb says:

The municipality is profiling based on size and color.