Louis CK's experiment in direct retailing the tickets for his upcoming comedy tour is a huge success: $4.5M in business in three days!

9 Responses to “$4.5M in 72h”

1. Ray Moore says:

Awesome!  Screw the middle man and all the fees they charge.  “Convenience fee” pff. Who is that convenient for? Not me. Disintermediation is where it’s at.

2. Cowicide says:

There was some naysayers in the previous thread.  How will they naysay now?

• somnambulist says:

Hi, I was a naysayer in a previous thread. Nice to meet you.

My concerns are for how he’s going to thwart ticket resellers. And, actually, I hope he has a plan that works so everyone else can copy it, or at least point to it. Unfortunately others have tried and failed to take on both ticket vendors and resellers, but I certainly hope he can.

3. Stefan Jones says:

Louis is quite a guy. Besides being a talented entertainer, he is really hands-on with the production of his show. And now this innovative screw-the-middleman distribution method.

Take your “convenience fee” and shove it where the sun don’t shine, Ticketmaster!

• Palomino says:

Seattle.  1994, Pearl Jam. We called Ticketmasters “Ticklemasturbators”. Assholes.  They were hated not for only their “convenience fee”, but you paid it no matter if you purchased it through them or not. I remember pitching a fit at the Showbox ticket window. I took the bus all the way there to avoid the fee, and I still had to pay it!

4. Flashman says:

He can afford that brownstone townhouse now.

• ocker3 says:

And he can afford to keep on making a living doing what he’s doing now, which a lot of people enjoy experiencing. He’s offering content, and they’re willing to pay for it. The Price is Right.

5. IronEdithKidd says:

I read the little blurb and bust out laughing.  Absolutely fantastic.