Troma Entertainment: 150 free films on YouTube

19 Responses to “Troma Entertainment: 150 free films on YouTube”

1. Slowermo says:

I can vouch for The Stabilizer being great fun. I also enjoyed The Children. At least it’s a three day weekend!

2. Aren’t a lot of the movie titles they’re running already available on the Internet archive for free?

• B E Pratt says:

Many are. Check out the Rod Serling movie “Patterns”, either on YouTube or IA. It is little known now, but I think it won Serling his first Emmy (it was a teleplay first). More in the class of “Requiem for a Heavyweight” than of  The Twilight Zone.

3. Frank Diekman says:

New band name: Zombie Grip

(I hear White  Zombie is taken)

4. bcsizemo says:

Can Full Moon Entertainment be next?  I miss Trancers and Dollman.

5. Conan Librarian says:

Shouldn’t those old movies be in the public domain by now?

• Brainspore says:

The hard-working lawyers and lobbyists at Disney have spent a staggering amount of time and money to ensure that virtually no films from 1928 onward will ever fall into public domain. (Hint: that year saw the screen premiere of a certain round-eared rodent.)

6. Geoduck says:

I wish someone would make a new voodoo-zombie film, instead of cranking out another reanimated-corpse flick.

7. joeposts says:

Cannibal! the Musical, Sgt Kabukiman, Tromeo and Juliet… could be a long night

8. Tribune says:

I wonder how many will have had takedown orders by the end of the weekend

• Boundegar says:

I don’t think Troma would do this if they didn’t have the rights, and these don’t look like good targets for a troll.  I think this is a great gift to humanity.  I went back last night and reviewed some old favorites!

• joeposts says:

It looks official to me, plus IIRC youtube would notice copyrighted +60 minute videos pretty quick, if they were uploadable at all. Troma doesn’t want takedown orders, they want merchandise orders. Kaufman’s gotta eat!

9. yadayada says:

youtube-dl -citw ytuser:Tromamovies

10. Toffer99 says:

How can we go wrong with movies like “Poultrygeist: Night Of The Chicken Dead!”

11. Jon Dart says:

“White Zombie” is awesomely trashy. Unfortunately the print on DVD at least is in bad shape.