Stan Lee reinterprets the best four-letter word in the English language for us

22 Responses to “Stan Lee reinterprets the best four-letter word in the English language for us”

1. I doubt anyone can improve on Carlin’s classic monologues in this area. “A cocksucker’s not a bad man — it’s a good woman!”

2. Mister44 says:

I’m sure that’s what he said to Jack Kirby more than once ;o)

3. robcat2075 says:

If I weren’t seeing it I would have trouble distinguishing his delivery from Lewis Black’s,

4. ShawShaw says:

If someone says to me, “Fuck you,” one of my favorite responses is to look them up and down coyly, cock and eyebrow and say, “Is that an invitation?”

5. xzzy says:

Stan Lee reveals he’s not aware of how profanity (and the earning of “viewer discretion” warnings) works on youtube.

6. cellocgw says:

Didn’t Lenny Bruce beat him to it by about 50 years?

• Mark Kernes says:

Close. About 50 years ago, psychologist Dr. Albert Ellis wrote in Pal Krassner’s The Realist that since sex is a pleasurable experience, the proper expletive should be “unfuck you.”

• zibuki says:

At least in the movie Lenny as depicted by Dustin Hoffman he did. In the movie Lenny is shown on stage doing a bit where he explains that “fuck you” is really a nice thing, and an insult is “unfuck you”, he also plays a guy that calls his mom and says, “Fuck you, mom.” in a joyous, loving way.

• buddy66 says:

Yep. Carlin also swiped it. “Fuck” comics should be made to wear “Lenny Bruce Died For My Sins” buttons.

7. Paul Renault says:

Learn from the masters – The Trailer Park Boys.

How it’s done, ladies and gents:

8. Dave Pease says:

agree w earlier commenter–man he sounds like a baked (you know, to take the edge off) gilbert gottfried

9. Wow! J. Jonah Jameson’s got some mouth on him!

10. Boundegar says:

The sad part is, by “not saying the whole word,”  he kind of undermined his own point.  If only he’d embraced that “R rating.” It’s not like a lot of small children are searching on “Stan Lee Fuck” anyway.

11. Brett Myers says:

I kinda wish they’d put him on at the end of 60 Minutes. A Few Minutes With Stan Lee.