Incredible 360° interactive panorama of Great Pyramids

10 Responses to “Incredible 360° interactive panorama of Great Pyramids”

1. Jellodyne says:

A 15 minute tax ride?

• chgoliz says:

Must have been a few decades ago.

One thing that really surprised me at Giza was how looooooooong the Sphinx is.  It’s practically the length of a pyramid itself, with a pinhead on top (comparatively speaking).

(edited to add: there WAS a previous comment I was responding to, questioning the cab ride being only 15 minutes.)

2. David Davion says:

60 seconds of aerial footage and 60+ seconds of the people who made it. Kind of disappointing, really.

3. Art Carnage says:

Gosh, I sure do love it when sites resize my browser without my permission.

• MachineElf says:

Yeah, assholes that travel to exotic places and fly remote-controlled hexacopters up into the air to take amazing panoramic shots with expensive cameras and then share them freely on their website for the world to see, and resize your browser. First against the wall!

4. buddy66 says:

Thanks. I figured it for a typically geeky fix on gadgetry over subject.

5.  Im always shocked when i am reminded about how close the Pyramids are to the city, and that they sit on such and awkward and unlikely peninsula of desert. Its actually literally like something out of one of the later Dune novels wot no one likes.

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Yeah.  I stayed at the Mena House, which is marked on the image.  We could just walk to the pyramids.

Although, to be clear, Cairo is on the other side of the river.  The pyramids are in Cairo’s sister city, Giza, which has 2.7 million people, compared to Cairo’s 9 million.