NBC's Up All Night gets more episodes, is changing completely (again)

6 Responses to “NBC's Up All Night gets more episodes, is changing completely (again)”

1. semiotix says:

I know this sort of thing can seem cheesy and desperate, but these are some pretty solid comic actors we’re talking about, and they deserve a chance to find the right speed.

Besides, perception is reality with these kinds of things. I know my BB popularity shot up when I added a “like track” to let people know when it was appropriate to applaud what I’d said.

[LIKE]

2. Benjamin Palmer says:

That is highly disappointing to me. I love Up All Night, but I don’t know if I’d like it as much on a set with people laughing at it while I’m watching.

• Donald Petersen says:

I dunno.  Up All Night feels like it should have been a multicamera show all along, and only the presence of an unpredictable baby forced them into shooting single-camera.  It’s always felt paced like a multicamera, like they deliver a joke and mug a bit while they’re holding for laughs.  All that dead air in between always felt like crickets to me, and made me feel (perhaps unfairly) like the jokes were bombing harder than perhaps they would have in front of a live audience.  Without the audience, comedies need to pick up the pace.

3. singe_101 says:

It’s official: Guys with Kids is redundant and expendable. Bring back Community!

4. philloz says:

You mean, of course, Happy Days was shot single-camera until season three, when it switched to multi-cam, shot “live before a studio audience,” as they used to say.

5. Senor Schaffer says:

The NBC suits are a bunch of dipshits. They had the only night of network television that I would actually watch and they screwed it all to hell.

On the upside I play more boardgames with the missus on Thursdays.