Anonymous TSA "insider" blog

13 Responses to “Anonymous TSA "insider" blog”

1. Mitch_M says:

A very nice lady I was taking to the mall mentioned that she was just hired by the TSA. I said “Are you sure you want to deal with people being mean to you?” She said she could handle it.

2. novium says:

Confession #1 (I think that was it) had me laughing so hard I was nearly sobbing.

3. rattypilgrim says:

I was going to comment but frankly, it’s just getting too depressing. I’m speechless.

4. oasisob1 says:

TSA insider jargon (“BBC: Bogus Bag Check”)

I think the term you’re looking for is just “Bag Check”. They’re all bogus.

5. LogrusZed says:

Education levels have very little to do with how assholish someone is going to be when put into a position of, essentially, unchecked authority.

The only thing a good education might enable in such a circumstance is how good someone is at hiding their assholish-ness. Which is possibly an improvement since I couldn’t possibly care less about what people have to say about my cottage-cheese ass if I don’t notice them saying it.

6. bolamig says:

“Run the Cat Through the X-Ray” is a good metaphor for what the TSA is doing.

7. salsaman says:

Great blog!  Hilarious and insightful, fascinating…

I don’t like the TSA show but if I’m not hopelessly late, I will politely ask not to be scanned and BOOM: FREE MASSAGE!!  People you are NOT getting your money’s worth if you’re not getting the blue glove butt rubbing.  Instead of them giggling at your nakedness in the control room, you get a nice moment aside– so spa like, shoes off and everything. Head massage too, arms and legs… relax, it’s quite nice!

I’ve been polite to them every time, and they’ve been polite to me every time.  Only once did an agent asked me why I didn’t like the scanner, telling me it was safe (while doing the pat down).  I said, “if it’s NOT like a naked picture of me, why can’t you show me what it is?” And he said “Well… I see your point.”

Show people some respect, and save the outrage for the occasional actual TSA super fuckup.  Oh– and write your representatives.

8. Jimichan says:

Almost laughed out loud when I discovered that the author must be a Frank Zappa fan!
    Check out the “Great googly moogly!” in the reponse to “What really happens in the TSA private room?”