Pajamas that look like business suits

27 Responses to “Pajamas that look like business suits”

1. theophrastvs says:

business suits that look like pajamas!  come-on, all you need is someone too-rich-to-fire to set the trend  (i’m looking at you Bezos)  and then we all can stop this nonsense of tying on a noose from the 19th century.

• penguinchris says:

I know I’ve seen such a thing before but wasn’t able to find it (it was a while ago, probably on tumblr). I did discover in my search, though, that essentially what you describe is a “thing” for the Spring 2013 runway shows in women’s fashion – one illustrative photo attached (from here), and I saw several others from other designers too.

2. Volker says:

“You’re looking sharp today, Jenkins. I knew there was a reason why I kept you in my rolodex.”

3. jimh says:

It says the shirt and “sleeping cravat” come with the pajamas.
    I think this might soon appear on http://theworstthingsforsale.com/

4. I worked at a company that issued pajamas with the company logo embroidered on them during a period of serial all-nighters.

5. Jan Henning Berg says:

As far as I’m concerned, I’m still waiting for a suit that looks like my pajamas:

6. Wingnut says:

I always imagined this is how he slept.

7. margaretpoa says:

But the important question for the serious blogger is, are they resistant to Cheetos stains?

8. iamlegion says:

Barney Stinson is intrigued, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter…

9. edkedz says:

“the stupid sexist jokes on the “About” page.”

Those are clearly attempts (whether successful or not is a separate issue) to write in character in reference to the sitcom that inspired the “suitjamas” concept.

• Isaac Rinke says:

Not only is it a reference, apparently it’s official merchandise: http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Christmas-Official-Mother-Suitjamas/dp/B005PL9ZL4

10. invictus says:

Their model looks kind of like James Deen.

11. iamlegion says:

Of course, I just realized these same people also offer Lorenzo von Matterhorn-brand slippers…

12. Preston Sturges says:

Just the thing to make those work related 4:00 AM anxiety attacks even more realistic.

13. rattypilgrim says:

How hard would it have been to include the shirt and tie look in the fabric print?

14. niktemadur says:

You know when I’m down to just my socksit’s time for businessthat’s why they call it business socks

15. DeWynken says:

Do you like Phil Collins? I’ve been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn’t understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins’ presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group’s undisputed masterpiece. It’s an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don’t you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I’ve heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your assh*le. Phil Collins’ solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don’t just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

16. Shaw_Bob says:

Marks & Spencer were selling suit pyjamas several years ago. and perhaps still are. They had a jacket with breast pocket and two side pockets, and trousers with two pockets. My mother-in law bought them for me as a birdy present, and they were – and are – much appreciated! And yes, I’m typing in them RIGHT NOW, hehehe…

17. Paul Renault says:

My pyjamas look like are a birthday suit.