An early opportunity in the 1950's to visit the New York Times' press bureau in Hong Kong sends John Wilcock on his first trip around the world.
From an ongoing interview and biography of John Wilcock, a prolific editor and publisher of 1960's underground newspapers.
Read The New York Times' appreciation of John's travel writing: "A Budget Travel Pioneer in a Time When $5 a Day Was Real (Frugal) Money" by Seth Kugel (Frugal Traveler)
JOHN'S TRAVEL COMPANIONS ON HIS TRIP:
1) The New York Times also remembers the work of Peggy Durdin.
2) A developing Wikipedia article on Mrs. Durdin's husband, F. Tillman Durdin.
3) The Internet claims to have the Official Rules of "Strip Chess" - also known as the Piece for Piece system.
4) Though subject to change, Wikipedia once again provides the best details of a given individual, this time on the life and disappearance of Jim Thompson.
5) Lastly, Asia For Educators indicates the difficulties of visiting China, or even "observing" the country, as John attempted, around 1960.
Is Andy Warhol’s eight-hour film a supreme act of considered minimalism, or one of the 20th century’s most notorious art pranks?
A cameo-filled page from John Wilcock, New York Years. With Ed Sanders’ Arts Magazine, Edie Sedgwick arriving in NYC, and Nico fainting on stage.
With Lyndon Johnson’s expansion of the Vietnam War in the 1960s, U.S. counterculture finds itself more involved in politics, aggressive pranks, and anti-war protest.
The Lytro Illum dares to be different, boasting even more robust features than its first generation predecessor and a sleek design reminiscent of professional DSLRs. What’s so cool about it? Most cameras capture the position of light rays, producing a statoc 2D image.
SitePoint Premium is the ultimate e-learning library for web developers, designers, and digital professionals. Famous for their web development books written by industry leaders, they’ve expanded their content library to include in-depth video courses and short, handy screencasts partnering with A Book Apart and UX Mastery. Whatever you want to achieve in your web career, […]
Skip the technical jargon and get right to taking amazing, professional-quality photos with this complete training. The Hollywood Art Institute Photography Course includes 22 modules filled with tutorials on how to profit off of your photography, or simply capture your memories in the manner they deserve.Accredited by the Photography Education Accreditation CouncilDive into this 22 […]