Brain Rot: R Budd Dwyer

By Ed Piskor at 6:07 am Tue, Apr 9, 2013

Published 6:07 am Tue, Apr 9, 2013

About the Author

Hip Hop Family Tree is in stores. Hip Hop Family Tree book 2 is now on Amazon!
Coming soon: The Hip Hop Family Tree Box Set

14 Responses to “Brain Rot: R Budd Dwyer”

1. Ike Dahlinger says:

I remember seeing that live here in Philly. Man, talk about a crazy thing for a kid to see. I was middle school when it happened

2. freshyill says:

Even though I was not quite eight years old, I remember when this happened. Being from Pennsylvania, it was obviously all anybody was talking about. I didn’t see it on TV when it happened (definitely for the best), and to this day, still haven’t.

The saddest thing is, it turns out he really was innocent and was convicted by false testimony.

3. ChuckTV says:

???

4. Funk Daddy says:

I was much older than the kid in the comic but it was and remains one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen (on a TV)

5. Roose_Bolton says:

Jesus, I didn’t know it was broadcast live! I admittedly only (quickly) read the Wikipedia page Rezeya posted above, but was he confirmed guilty in the end?

• freshyill says:

He had already been convicted at that point. There was a documentary made about him a few years ago, and the guy who testified against him admitted to lying under oath. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honest_Man:_The_Life_of_R._Budd_Dwyer

• blondellebisho says:

my roomate’s mother makes $79 hourly on the laptop. She has been out of work for nine months but last month her pay check was $15496 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more on  Fab99.c­om

6. rtresco says:

A pivotal moment in the affliction known as “Growing up PA”. Half the state was home that day – I forget if it was a snow day or teacher in-service day. Either way, the daytime television audience was double.

7. Mister44 says:

The incident that prompted the creation of a great song