Juggler for Jesus selling dad's huge fossil collection

23 Responses to “Juggler for Jesus selling dad's huge fossil collection”

1. Zhasu says:

A title on BoingBoing in 20 years from now “Man selling dad’s huge collection of historical juggling props to create own collection of …”

2. Jeremy Sachs says:

If this guy “enhanced” any of the fossils himself, I suppose you’d call them a “mark of Cain”.

3. gracchus says:

“Enhancers”? Lack of information of the pieces? All I can do regarding this collection is echo Mr. Gnidovec’s disappointment regarding the collection and repeat the wise words of a famous archeologist:

“That belongs in a museum!”

• knoxblox says:

Yeah, I even hope he’d open a museum for the juggling stuff if he’s able to sell off his dad’s things.

Not my favorite people, the ones who buy rare objects and proceed to hide them away from the world.

• SomeGuyNamedMark says:

With a name like “Juggler for Jesus” I doubt he is too upset over the lack of time and context for the fossils.  After all, they are all only a few thousands years old (back to Noah’s flood).

4. big ryan says:

why cant he juggle the fossils?

5. edgore says:

Alas, the seller seems to be a reasonable guy. I was hoping for “young-earth creationist having to provide certificate of authenticity for fossils” giggles.

• edgore says:

Oh, wait. http://www.christianjuggler.com, click on the program info tab, then read Statement of Belief item #1.

Oh yeah….that’s the stuff.

• allenmcbride says:

I disagree. He conspicuously omits the word “literal”. This is not necessarily the stuff.

• edgore says:

I was taking “without error in the original writings” to mean literally true (since words mean things), though that might be wrong. I am also deducting 10 “reasonable guy” points for James Dobson endorsement and mentioning that he ministers with Focus On The Family.

• allenmcbride says:

I’m with you on the Dobson/FOTF thing. But I think you’re misinterpreting “without error in the original writings”. The “original” part I believe signals that he accepts that the Bible as we know it today may be flat-out wrong in parts — specifically, the parts that have been changed/mistranslated over the centuries. So that’s a liberal concession, compared to someone who insists that the words as we have them now, in English, are “without error”. And I think all sides would agree that words usually mean things, but I think all sides also recognize that that meaning is sometimes metaphorical. And I think most debate within Evangelical Christianity about the truth of the Bible hinges not on whether the original Bible had errors, but on whether its truth is literal or figurative. That’s why I suspect that if he took the Bible entirely literally, he would have been sure to say so.

6. Saint Al says:

Stay tuned for the Juggalo for Jesus. New minister, bringing a case of Faygo… and a message.
    Seriously, fossils w/o geographic info are mere curios. $250,000, my @$$.

7. awjt says:

Christ, what a fossil.

8. Bender says:

The guy wants to sell his dead dad’s collection of stuff he had little to do with and buy other stuff that we don’t agree with! Boy, what a jerk!