Man dies from crab he was about to cook

Tan Boon Hock of Singapore died after getting cut by a live crab he was about to cook up for dinner. Apparently, he was infected by a flesh-eating bacteria that the crab was carrying. The bacteria, Vibrio, can also turn up on fish and prawns. From the German Press Agency:

Cooking destroys the bacteria, making the seafood safe for

Doctors advised people preparing meals to use tongs or gloves when
handling the live crabs. The claws should be brushed and washed with
water before cooking, they added.

Link (Thanks, Vann Hall!)