WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO / DEPICTS DEATH.
Via Andrew Sullivan, who is doing some of the best coverage of the Iran story online:
"At 19:05 June 20th Place: Karekar Ave., at the corner crossing Khosravi St. and Salehi st. A young woman who was standing aside with her father watching the protests was shot by a basij member hiding on the rooftop of a civilian house. He had clear shot at the girl and could not miss her. However, he aimed straight her heart.
I am a doctor, so I rushed to try to save her. But the impact of the gunshot was so fierce that the bullet had blasted inside the victim's chest, and she died in less than 2 minutes. The protests were going on about 1 kilometers away in the main street and some of the protesting crowd were running from tear gass used among them, towards Salehi St.
The film is shot by my friend who was standing beside me. Please let the world know."
Confirming The Basij Murder Of Neda (Daily Dish)
There is another video of the same scene, taken from a different angle, here.
Boing Boing reader S.R. Hadden explains in the discussion thread below that an unidentified man kneeling next to her
...is crying out, in Farsi: "My Neda, don't be afraid, please don't go, please don't go, please stay..."
- Iran Election Crisis: 10 Significant Web Videos
- Social Media in Iran: Lessons Learned (Ethan Zuckerman)
- Iranian election uprising: Twitter tracks it real-time, Iranian ...
- Lazyweb: turn the new version of Opera into an unstoppable grid of ...
- Twitter reschedules maintenance to avoid clobbering Iranian ...
- Iran Elections Crisis: Online Reading List - Boing Boing
- Iran SMS networks "mysteriously" fail right before elections ...
- Iran: Activists Launch Hack Attacks on Tehran Regime - Boing Boing
- Iran: Tim Shey on Observing Social Unrest Online at 32000 feet ...
- Super-filtered #IranElection info for the easily overwhelmed
- Cyberwar Guide for Iran Elections