Richard Metzger has posted an appreciation for the British sketch comedy show Snuff Box, starring Matt Berry (IT Crowd, Darkplace) and Rich Fulcher ("Bob Fossil," "Eleanor," etc., on The Mighty Boosh, which we've been featuring in a series of one, two, three BB Video episodes). Snip from Metzger's post, which includes a bunch of video embeds of his favorite Snuff Box moments:
First broadcast at 11pm on BBC3 in 2006 and never broadcast again, Snuff Box sadly was missed by its target audience, who ended up discovering it anyway, via YouTube and Bit Torrent. (Snuff Box finally came out on DVD in 2008). Each episode begins with Berry and Fulcher (playing "themselves") walking down a white hallway, before choosing a door leading to a typically odd "situation." The pair are employed as government hangmen. They also spend a lot of time in a gentleman's club (where time travel occurs), nursing whiskeys and swearing. There is a LOT of swearing in Snuff Box, so much so that it gives Deadwood a run for the money. It's one of the meanest spirited comedies I can think of (not that this is a bad thing, of course).
SNUFF BOX: BEST SKETCH COMEDY SHOW YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF (Dangerous Minds)
- (BB Video) Mighty Boosh, pt 3: Slashfic, Boosh books, Eleanor's …
- (BB Video) Mighty Boosh, part 2: Crimpin' Ain't Easy
- BB Video: Xeni with Noel Fielding and Julian Barratt of The Mighty …
- IT Crowd Season Two – the sexy finale
- IT Crowd third season starts on Friday!
- The IT Crowd — season two, episode one
- Episode six of awesome sysadmin sitcom The IT Crowd is …
- NBC's only new comedy: The IT Crowd
- Boing Boing: Season 2 of IT Crowd starts this Friday! — UPDATED