The latest installment in OKCupid's endlessly entertaining OkTrends series (in which OKCupid data-mines its dating profiles and finds interesting correlations) enumerates a series of seemingly innocuous questions whose answers are correlated with much more intimate matters. For example, the answer to "Do you like the taste of beer?" is somewhat correlated (60%) with the answer to "Do you have sex on the first date?"
Ask him or her…
* Do you prefer the people in your life to be simple or complex?
In each case, complexity-preferrers are 65-70% likely to give the Liberal answer. And those who prefer simplicity in others are 65-70% likely to give the Conservative one.
This correlation is for a nationwide dataset; it won't be as useful in places where one ideology is much more prevelant than the other. For example, in New York City there are lots of people who like simplicity and yet have Liberal politics.
(via Super Punch)
- Julian Assange's OK Cupid dating profile – Boing Boing
- Online matchmaking site analyzes attractiveness vs. message …
- Dating site OKCupid analyzes effectiveness of profile pictures …
- IAC buys OKCupid, deletes critical blog post – Boing Boing
- OKCupid Research Trends Blog – Gay Sex vs. Straight Sex – Boing Boing
- Charts to help you succeed in online dating – Boing Boing