Want a quick cultural glimpse of the current vibe in SF Bay Area? Take a peek at the contents of this artsy souvenir vending machine my pal Jessica Nguyen spotted at the Oakland Airport.
Whoever curated this thing really has their finger on the pulse of the Bay Area. Though, it is a little like playing a game of "Find the precious hipster marketing buzzwords."
I spy (from top to bottom, left to right):
- MOO, dog treats made from Five Dot Ranch's grass-fed beef ($12 plus tax)
- An eco-friendly embroidered kitchen towel made from hemp depicting the state of California and its state flower: poppies ($24 plus tax)
- A "super-warm cuffed beanie" by local retail favorite Oaklandish ($18 plus tax)
- Peanut butter & Jelly granola by San Francisco-based small batch granola brand, Garrett's ($2.75 plus tax)
- Ready-to-hang wall art made from upcycled 1950s fence wood and a reclaimed California license plate ($15 plus tax)
(And, the winner is... )
- A bag of nut-free, soy-free AND gluten-free "100% organic bone broth-infused kale chips" ($6.50 plus tax)
The company behind the this little beauty is called souveNEAR and they've got machines in Kansas City and in San Francisco, as well as in Oakland.
This is easily done yourself, but it was smart of Coors Light (and their creative agency) to create a one-click “Clone Machine” that captures and loops 30 seconds of video of you smiling and nodding along as if you’re paying attention on a Zoom meeting.
Youtuber Microsoft Sam saw something interesting. I left the agency side of advertising over a decade ago because the creativity was smothering me.
Suburban Chicago restaurant The Beacon Tap is offering a free roll of toilet paper with each carryout or delivery order. Normally, restaurant providing toilet paper with their food would be an ominous promotion but in these times, it’s boosted business! From NBC Chicago: “[We were] trying to figure out ideas, and one of our other […]
Game engines aren’t just the lifeblood of the video game industry. They may soon be the lifeblood of Hollywood. Since emerging in the late ’90s, the Unreal game engine has quickly become one of the world’s foremost tools for game creators. Now, Disney’s hit Star Wars spinoff series The Mandalorian is using Unreal as well. […]
Apple AirPods have become the default earbuds beloved by millions. Unfortunately, they also cost $159, so it’s no surprise that since they were first introduced in 2016, companies have battled to produce comparable headphones at a lower price. The UK-designed and engineered Veho STIX true wireless earphones may have cracked that particular problem, striking a […]
Instagram isn’t just for tweens and foodies. In fact, the image-heavy platform not only wants to mint new Instagram influencers — it also wants to make them rich. In the last few weeks, the company announced ad revenue sharing on IGTV videos, special badges you can buy from your favorite accounts through Instagram Live, merchandise […]