A Denver man is in critical condition after trying to play hero by rescuing a dropped cell phone from a trash chute.
22-year old Scott Walsh was trying to rescue a female friend's phone when he fell fifteen feet down a first-floor trash chute and became trapped. The compactor began to move with Walsh stuck inside. Rescue workers had to disassemble the compactor in order to extricate Walsh.
The compactor broke both of Walsh’s legs, cracked his skull on both sides and ruptured arteries in his neck, his friend Liz DiSalvo said. He’s been heavily sedated but is expected to survive, she said.
The condition of the phone is unknown.
Denver man in critical condition after being crushed by trash compactor in downtown apartment (Elsie Shmelzer/Denver Post)
It's been 111 years since a subdivision of the Denver suburb of Cherry Hills was given the name of "Swastika Acres," and now, finally, the name has been changed to "Old Cherry Hills," thanks to an official act of the local council.
The Tattered Cover is one of the nation's great independent bookstores, ranking with New York's Strand, Portland's Powell's, and Salt Lake City's Weller Books; now in an open letter, the store has "broken up" with Amazon division Audible, the largest player in the audiobook market, citing the company's mandatory DRM, proprietary formats, algorithmic opacity, and […]
Looking for a new tablet? If you haven’t upgraded in a while, it might be time to check out the latest iPad Pro for two very good reasons. First, the 2018 model is a real workhorse. The 12X Bionic chip processor means it can handle any task you set out for it, and still have […]
You want wireless earbuds to make an impact on your mood and workout, not the environment. If that’s the case, we’ve got a new contender for AirPod market share: Brio Phantom X7 True Wireless Earbuds. The features on these tiny, comfortable buds are impressive even without the environmental angle. Their Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity is good […]
We don’t ask for much out of our charging cables: Juice up our phone, do it fast and don’t break. It’s supposed to be simple, but keeping your phone plugged in for the night – as most of us do – can actually degrade the life of your battery by overheating it. That’s why one […]