* Above: Brain mold and icky finger cookies by egullet.com forum member Tejon: Link.
* Left: Ohnoez! Robots return to to recruit more earth-children for dastardly Halloween fun and destruction. Link (via Make), and here is evidence of previous visitations.
* For Make Benefit Glorious Costume of Your Crotch: Wear Borat's thong for Halloween, if you dare. Link.
* Soylent green is people wearing a lovely chrysoprase pendant: Link
* Crafty li'l hobgoblins made out of unused tampons. Cute bats and ghosts, but beware: icky tampon puns (tam-puns?) on this page. Link.
* What horrible Edward Gorey death will you suffer? Link.
* Someone out there thinks it's cute to dress a child as a suicide bomber for Halloween: Link.
* Someone out there thinks it's cute to dress an adult as a flaming carrot for Halloween: Link.
* Imperial Klingon pumpkin, with cat: Link.
* Zombie pumpkins: neat stencils for jack-o-lanterns. Link.
* October 28 in Los Angeles: Day of the Dead in Hollywood Forever Cemetery, where Johnny Ramone and many great icons of music, TV, and film are buried. Link to event info.
* Web Zen: candy zen, with links to many nifty candy websites: Link.
(thanks, Scott Beale, Joseph Francis, Jessica, Miss Cellania, Cliff, matt mangum, mapletree7, Steve O, Jennifer , Magnus, anonymous, )
Previous Omakase linkdumps:
- Dem belly full
- I wanna tear you apart
- Sexy taco, space gun, deli flesh.
- Arabic smokes, Norway bimbo, Danish BB ringtone
- Post-holiday bluesnixer roundup
Reader comment: mrdeadworry says,
This jack-o-lantern looks like a Cylon complete with sweeping red light with all the directions for you to do yourself. Link
The Cobham catalog, exposed by The Intercept, features countless pages of surveillance gadgets sold to U.S. police to spy on American citizens: tiny black boxes with a big interest in you. In the creepily bland feature lists and nerdy product names is a whisper of a dark future; perhaps darker than anyone can imagine.
This image depicts the most commonly-found stylesheet colors on the web’s top sites—Paul Hebert did an amazing amount of analysis and this is just one of the intriguing visualizations he came up with. Most of these are obvious staples, especially HTML red and blue, though it’s interesting how far the blue “cluster” is from the […]
With the cacophony of an election year ablaze with unparalleled drama being fought on the front lines of Twitter, we find ourselves slowing down and staring at it like a bad accident. The need for escapist relief is perhaps more dire than usual right now. This fall, if it’s drama you crave, but the Hillary […]
This week’s top deals from the Boing Boing Store range from lobster to wine to desk organization. 1. Get Maine Lobster (50% Off)With these discounted packages from Get Maine Lobster, you can experience the sweet, fresh flavor of world-renowned Maine lobster right at your own dinner table. There are four options to choose from, each at […]
Nothing is more frustrating than needing to edit or sign a PDF and not having access to the original document. That’s why PDFpenPRO is a must-have app in our books.With this extremely useful app, you can merge, markup, and create PDF documents without ever having to convert your PDFs into word processor file formats. Type directly onto […]
From self-driving cars to stock market predicting software to the recommendations you get on Amazon and Netflix, machine learning is at the core of modern technology. You could find yourself building technology that is literally changing the world with the skills you’ll learn in The Complete Machine Learning Bundle. This bundle of 10 courses includes 406 lessons that will teach […]