* Above: Brain mold and icky finger cookies by egullet.com forum member Tejon: Link.
* Left: Ohnoez! Robots return to to recruit more earth-children for dastardly Halloween fun and destruction. Link (via Make), and here is evidence of previous visitations.
* For Make Benefit Glorious Costume of Your Crotch: Wear Borat's thong for Halloween, if you dare. Link.
* Soylent green is people wearing a lovely chrysoprase pendant: Link
* Crafty li'l hobgoblins made out of unused tampons. Cute bats and ghosts, but beware: icky tampon puns (tam-puns?) on this page. Link.
* What horrible Edward Gorey death will you suffer? Link.
* Someone out there thinks it's cute to dress a child as a suicide bomber for Halloween: Link.
* Someone out there thinks it's cute to dress an adult as a flaming carrot for Halloween: Link.
* Imperial Klingon pumpkin, with cat: Link.
* Zombie pumpkins: neat stencils for jack-o-lanterns. Link.
* October 28 in Los Angeles: Day of the Dead in Hollywood Forever Cemetery, where Johnny Ramone and many great icons of music, TV, and film are buried. Link to event info.
* Web Zen: candy zen, with links to many nifty candy websites: Link.
(thanks, Scott Beale, Joseph Francis, Jessica, Miss Cellania, Cliff, matt mangum, mapletree7, Steve O, Jennifer , Magnus, anonymous, )
Previous Omakase linkdumps:
- Dem belly full
- I wanna tear you apart
- Sexy taco, space gun, deli flesh.
- Arabic smokes, Norway bimbo, Danish BB ringtone
- Post-holiday bluesnixer roundup
Reader comment: mrdeadworry says,
This jack-o-lantern looks like a Cylon complete with sweeping red light with all the directions for you to do yourself. Link
Looking for a tiny PC that still has space for a gaming-quality video card? SFF PC Cases is a remarkably detailed spreadsheet listing dozens of models, complete with cost, dimensions, volume and even important build tips. The very smallest are not practical for powerful builds, but the critical “Maximum GPU length” field is right there […]
Enjoy Michael Mullany’s review of the Gartner Hype Cycle, with all the things tech predictors got right and all the things they got wrong: “we’re terrible at making predictions.” Lesson 6: Some technologies keep receding into the future There are some notable technologies that recur on the Hype Cycle and every time they appear they […]
Why we secretly love our cords. Tamara Warren: There’s a certain security in the cord. It’s the idea of connection, perhaps even dating back to our days in the womb. … A battery, no matter how sophisticated, is fleeting. When we have our cords with us, we are in constant pursuit of power, even when […]
Toaster ovens are the perfect appliance for small things like toasted sandwiches and roasted garlic (try it!), but anything more involved usually requires a full-sized conventional oven.However, despite its small size, the Wolfgang Puck Pressure Oven can handle anything from baked pastries to broiled meats. This kitchen appliance has a minimal countertop footprint, and cooks […]
The Pry.Me Bottle Opener holds tens of thousands of times its own weight, and you can pick one up now from the Boing Boing Store.This remarkable keychain is considerably smaller than any of your keys, but don’t let that fool you: it can easily open any bottle, and could even tow a trailer full of […]
Guaranteeing your privacy online goes way beyond checking the “Do Not Track” option in your browser’s settings. To ensure that your internet activity is totally hidden from Internet Service Providers, advertisers, and other prying eyes, take a look at Windscribe’s VPN protection. It usually costs $7.50 per month, but you can get a 3-year subscription […]