* Above: Brain mold and icky finger cookies by egullet.com forum member Tejon: Link.
* Left: Ohnoez! Robots return to to recruit more earth-children for dastardly Halloween fun and destruction. Link (via Make), and here is evidence of previous visitations.
* For Make Benefit Glorious Costume of Your Crotch: Wear Borat's thong for Halloween, if you dare. Link.
* Soylent green is people wearing a lovely chrysoprase pendant: Link
* Crafty li'l hobgoblins made out of unused tampons. Cute bats and ghosts, but beware: icky tampon puns (tam-puns?) on this page. Link.
* What horrible Edward Gorey death will you suffer? Link.
* Someone out there thinks it's cute to dress a child as a suicide bomber for Halloween: Link.
* Someone out there thinks it's cute to dress an adult as a flaming carrot for Halloween: Link.
* Imperial Klingon pumpkin, with cat: Link.
* Zombie pumpkins: neat stencils for jack-o-lanterns. Link.
* October 28 in Los Angeles: Day of the Dead in Hollywood Forever Cemetery, where Johnny Ramone and many great icons of music, TV, and film are buried. Link to event info.
* Web Zen: candy zen, with links to many nifty candy websites: Link.
(thanks, Scott Beale, Joseph Francis, Jessica, Miss Cellania, Cliff, matt mangum, mapletree7, Steve O, Jennifer , Magnus, anonymous, )
Previous Omakase linkdumps:
- Dem belly full
- I wanna tear you apart
- Sexy taco, space gun, deli flesh.
- Arabic smokes, Norway bimbo, Danish BB ringtone
- Post-holiday bluesnixer roundup
Reader comment: mrdeadworry says,
This jack-o-lantern looks like a Cylon complete with sweeping red light with all the directions for you to do yourself. Link
This gadget does exactly as promised: it looks like a thumbdrive (sort of) and fries the circuitry of any computer it’s plugged into. It’s made from camera flash parts, is charged with a standard AA battery, and delivers a 300V zap of DC destruction to the port for all your USB-murdering needs. Note that this […]
The Cobham catalog, exposed by The Intercept, features countless pages of surveillance gadgets sold to U.S. police to spy on American citizens: tiny black boxes with a big interest in you. In the creepily bland feature lists and nerdy product names is a whisper of a dark future; perhaps darker than anyone can imagine.
This image depicts the most commonly-found stylesheet colors on the web’s top sites—Paul Hebert did an amazing amount of analysis and this is just one of the intriguing visualizations he came up with. Most of these are obvious staples, especially HTML red and blue, though it’s interesting how far the blue “cluster” is from the […]
Loot Crate is a totally different kind of subscription service that mails subscribers monthly boxes filled with curated geek, pop culture, and gamer paraphernalia. Its cult following awaits a box every month filled with everything from bobble heads to T-shirts to special edition collectibles. But nothing gets Loot Crate fans as excited as the limited […]
The ARMOR-X Mini Flexible Phone Tripod is a smartphone tripod that is designed with flexible legs to rest on virtually any type of surface. Other tripods have proved useless unless I conveniently have a flat surface in front of me, which is why this particular tripod was appealing enough to try out. The ARMOR-X is compact and easy […]
You don’t need to get an advanced degree and take out massive loans to become a coder. This bundle of 10 courses was designed to teach anyone to code at home for less than it costs to go out for dinner. I was particularly impressed with this new 2017 bundle because it includes courses on […]