Web Zen: Music Viddy Zen

11 Responses to “Web Zen: Music Viddy Zen”

Yes, please hold up a crappy old B movie as the best Bollywood can offer. Thank you for judging.

Comment on “Stronger”:
    They flew all the way to Japan to make that video, but couldn’t afford to hire someone to proofread their writing. I’m pretty sure that they meant for the Japanese writing in the video to spell “Stronger”, but they got one letter wrong and instead it says “Stosoga”.

3. erindipity says:

Xeni is the Mistress of Web Zen.
    I come a few nights later to see these again and lo, there’s an encore from the comment section. Bravo, Saltpeter!

The bummer about “Jan Pehechaan Ho” is that it has nothing to do with the plot of the movie it appears in (Gumnaam, not Ghost World). I was really hoping for an explanation for the masks…

-Phill

5. june says:

I always wanted to see Gumnaam, if only to figure out how that splashy, upbeat dance number fits into what is (unless I’ve been terribly misinformed) a horror movie.

I’m not a huge fan of Bollywood (mostly because I don’t have the stamina for it), but LOVE the music. I have several compilations of music from Bollywood movies from the 1960s-1980s.

6. saltpeter says:

I made this Jan Pehechaan Ho mashup not to long ago to an obscure soul song.

7. ad noiseam says:

Bollywood and “War Photographer” in one post? you guys need to see this, methinks:

8. DaveX says:

You might also check out “Nimbooda” at YouTube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=xUgd9P_AnXQ

9. cior says:

The lead gal in Jan Pehechaan Ho reminds me of Mena Trott.

10. Xeni Jardin says:

@Anonymous, re “Jan Pehechaan Ho” — yeah, actually i think the song, the audio, does appear in Ghost World as Sander says! But of course, it originated in Gumnaam as you rightly state. @cior, I agree!

11. Sander Broem says:

Also, “jan pehechaan ho” is used in the best possible way at the beginning of Terry Zwigoff’s movie Ghost World.