IT security-themed series debuts on Court TV

11 Responses to “IT security-themed series debuts on Court TV”

1. BlackTiger says:

This is really cool, but I wish they didn’t try to do so much so quickly for the show. I always feel like these shows are very, very simplified. It’d be nice to see them talk about, say, what he means by ‘physical security’, and I wish the need for drama didn’t overstate relatively simple solutions, while making some of the tougher tasks they perform seem trivial.

If you’re familiar with some of these concepts, you can see them bleed through, but there isn’t really depth into them on the show, per se. I hope it does well enough to warrant further episodes, however.

2. Zac Garrett says:

Wonderful, thats just what we need; a TV show about hacking by non-hackers. It sounds an awful lot like “The Real Hustle”, which is a UK show that basically does the same concept.

3. k0an says:

Has anybody been able to navigate Court TV’s horrible website to find the show’s video? I have been looking forward to seeing this and the site’s UI is thwarting my attempts.

4. certron says:

#3, where’s the woman/women of any kind? I personally very much liked Kim Murphy’s character “Margaret ‘Sosh’ Perkins” from the 2000 show ‘Level 9′, because everyone could use a little social engineering (hence her nickname). That, and I liked her enthusiasm when asking a former special operative if he can kill someone with a spoon. I wish that show would made its way to DVD.

5. woolie says:

It will probably have about as much basis in fact as an episode of Thundercats…. or for that matter, House.

6. corpse 1 says:

#5: From what I’ve heard these guys are actually the real deal. To quote databeast on Slashdot:

“I know these guys. One of them is a Defcon Goon and has a book or three published oo, the other’s a better lockpicker than you will ever dream of being, the third guy’s a prtty slick business brain. I’d happily bet any single one of them against you and a team of your choice for skills.”

7. Halloween Jack says:

a.k.a. Sneakers: The Series.

8. chasie says:

Where’s the superintelligent/gorgeous woman on the team? You know, just like on CSI…Cold Case…Law and Order…NCIS…Every Other Drama…I can’t buy into it unless there’s some supermodel who would, in real life, be totally out of place!

9. Jack says:

Where is the Asian guy? Or the guy wearing Converse hi-tops? Or the black guy? Or anyone wearing glasses.