Edie sez, "I'm in the market for a digital SLR, and found something rather disturbing. B&H Photo says that to purchase a Fujifilm IS-1 camera, you must fill out an end user license agreement.
Even weirder is the EULA itself: It asks what 'legitimate business purpose' (their words, not mine) the camera will be put to.
Additionally, if the camera is sold, lost or transfered, you have to notify Fujifilm. WTF BBQ?"
Apparently, this is one of those infrared see-through-clothes cameras, but I'm with Edie, WTF?
INFORMATION ABOUT END USER BUSINESS
(1) Is End User purchasing a Fujifilm Infrared or Ultraviolet Sensitive Digital Camera for a legitimate business purpose? _______
(2) How long has End User been engaged in his/her profession or business? _________
(3) Please state End User’s legitimate business purpose?________________________________________________
(4) Has End User presented reseller with recognized forms or identification for End User and End User’s business? ___________
(5) Has End User provided reseller with copies of forms of identification presented in connection with (3), above? ____________
(6) Was End User Questionnaire completed at a business location of a Pro Digital Camera Authorized Reseller? ______________
(7) Please provide the business address where End User will pick up the camera listed below_________________________
By signing this End User Questionnaire, End User certifies that (1) the subject camera is being purchased by End User for the above
stated legitimate business purpose, (2) End User will make its best efforts to safeguard the camera from being used by others, and (3) in
the event End User transfers the camera or the camera is lost, stolen or is otherwise no longer in End User’s possession, End User will
immediately notify Fujifilm of such event.
Collar Clips from Migardian Treasure in Gravesend, England makes collar clips in a variety of pop-culture motifs, some obvious and some very subtle indeed: Captain America shields, Captain America stars, Hawkeye and Hydra vs SHIELD; Boba Fett, Vader and Stormtroopers (also available as brooches and earrings).
Wikileaks has published a leaked draft — dated Oct, 5, and thus possibly the final text — of the “Intellectual Property Chapter” of the Trans Pacific Partnership, and it’s grim reading.
Bikram Choudhury, the millionaire accused serial rapist who popularized hot yoga in America, sued other hot yoga studios in 2003, including “open source yoga” practicioners, asserting that he held a copyright over the sequence of poses conducted in his class.
This Smartphone Photo Lens Kit arms you with six unique smartphone photography accessories, so you can take high-quality and well-composed photos of any subject from small insects to expansive landscapes.6 unique lensesRolls up neatly for transportTripod for stabilitySmall lenses attach seamlessly with magnetMicroscope and 8x telephoto lenses attach with a case (case attaches to phone)Lens wallet […]
Inspired by the universality of symbols, the founders of Noun Project began to collect thousands of hand-drawn icons. The concept has since transformed into a massive digital collection of 150,000+ unique icons that fuel the work of designers every day. Spend less time crafting icons and more time putting amazing designs out into the world with […]
You won’t need to think twice about going hands-free on the road with Exomount’s easy-to-use car mount. It mounts your smartphone so easily, you literally only need one hand to quickly secure your phone in the perfect position and get driving. Don’t risk a ticket, use the world’s best suction technology to effortlessly mount and […]