Edie sez, "I'm in the market for a digital SLR, and found something rather disturbing. B&H Photo says that to purchase a Fujifilm IS-1 camera, you must fill out an end user license agreement.
Even weirder is the EULA itself: It asks what 'legitimate business purpose' (their words, not mine) the camera will be put to.
Additionally, if the camera is sold, lost or transfered, you have to notify Fujifilm. WTF BBQ?"
Apparently, this is one of those infrared see-through-clothes cameras, but I'm with Edie, WTF?
INFORMATION ABOUT END USER BUSINESS
(1) Is End User purchasing a Fujifilm Infrared or Ultraviolet Sensitive Digital Camera for a legitimate business purpose? _______
(2) How long has End User been engaged in his/her profession or business? _________
(3) Please state End User’s legitimate business purpose?________________________________________________
(4) Has End User presented reseller with recognized forms or identification for End User and End User’s business? ___________
(5) Has End User provided reseller with copies of forms of identification presented in connection with (3), above? ____________
(6) Was End User Questionnaire completed at a business location of a Pro Digital Camera Authorized Reseller? ______________
(7) Please provide the business address where End User will pick up the camera listed below_________________________
By signing this End User Questionnaire, End User certifies that (1) the subject camera is being purchased by End User for the above
stated legitimate business purpose, (2) End User will make its best efforts to safeguard the camera from being used by others, and (3) in
the event End User transfers the camera or the camera is lost, stolen or is otherwise no longer in End User’s possession, End User will
immediately notify Fujifilm of such event.
Unified Patents raises money from companies that are the target of patent-trolling and then uses it to challenge the most widely used patents in each of its members’ sectors: now it’s going for the gold.
Jamie writes, “A photographer filed on Monday a $1 billion copyright infringement suit in New York against Getty Images’ American arm, alleging that the company is sending out letters demanding licensing fees for her photos that were donated to the Library of Congress.”
The Electronic Frontier Foundation has just filed a lawsuit that challenges the Constitutionality of Section 1201 of the DMCA, the “Digital Rights Management” provision of the law, a notoriously overbroad law that bans activities that bypass or weaken copyright access-control systems, including reconfiguring software-enabled devices (making sure your IoT light-socket will accept third-party lightbulbs; tapping […]
Looks like all of your potential employers are hiring candidates with programming skills (which you don’t have). With all of the languages out there today, it’s tough to know where to start.With the Complete Front-End to Back-End Coding Bundle, you can beef your resume up in all the right places, no confusion necessary. This package of […]
Those of us who love music wish we could listen to it 24/7. But it’s impossible when we’re trying to converse with our friends, or when are swimming in the local pool.That is, until now. The KOAR Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headset, now 48% off, has changed the audio game.Made with lightweight titanium memory metal, this headset boasts patented bone conduction technology to transport sound […]
It’s one thing to enjoy dinner at home and a nice glass of Cabernet Sauvignon with your best friend, Netflix, but it’s another thing entirely to make that meal from scratch and get that wine delivered right to your doorstep.But what if we told you there’s a way to make this possible? To keep your social life, […]