Edie sez, "I'm in the market for a digital SLR, and found something rather disturbing. B&H Photo says that to purchase a Fujifilm IS-1 camera, you must fill out an end user license agreement.
Even weirder is the EULA itself: It asks what 'legitimate business purpose' (their words, not mine) the camera will be put to.
Additionally, if the camera is sold, lost or transfered, you have to notify Fujifilm. WTF BBQ?"
Apparently, this is one of those infrared see-through-clothes cameras, but I'm with Edie, WTF?
INFORMATION ABOUT END USER BUSINESS
(1) Is End User purchasing a Fujifilm Infrared or Ultraviolet Sensitive Digital Camera for a legitimate business purpose? _______
(2) How long has End User been engaged in his/her profession or business? _________
(3) Please state End User’s legitimate business purpose?________________________________________________
(4) Has End User presented reseller with recognized forms or identification for End User and End User’s business? ___________
(5) Has End User provided reseller with copies of forms of identification presented in connection with (3), above? ____________
(6) Was End User Questionnaire completed at a business location of a Pro Digital Camera Authorized Reseller? ______________
(7) Please provide the business address where End User will pick up the camera listed below_________________________
By signing this End User Questionnaire, End User certifies that (1) the subject camera is being purchased by End User for the above
stated legitimate business purpose, (2) End User will make its best efforts to safeguard the camera from being used by others, and (3) in
the event End User transfers the camera or the camera is lost, stolen or is otherwise no longer in End User’s possession, End User will
immediately notify Fujifilm of such event.
After years of missteps, blunders and disasters in which Youtube users have been censored through spurious copyright claims or had their accounts deleted altogether, Google has announced an amazing, user-friendly new initiative though which it will fund the legal defense of Youtube creators who are censored by bad-faith copyright infringement claims.
Some of Miller’s TIG welding power supplies come intentionally crippled, locking out many useful functions until you buy a $400 SD card.
The Anne Frank Foundation — a Swiss nonprofit that supports children’s charities and provides a stipend to gentiles who hid Jews during WWII — has claimed that Otto Frank, Anne Frank’s father, is the legal co-author of her diaries, a move that will have the effect of extending copyright on the diaries to at least […]
Today only in the Boing Boing Store we are offering an extra 15% off of the below VPN deals just use coupon code: VPN15 at checkout. proXPN VPN: Premium Lifetime Subscription Surf the web with ultimate peace of mind – both at home and on the road – over proXPN’s fully-encrypted, lightning-fast servers. Your lifetime premium subscription […]
These knitted gloves are here to save the day (and your hands) with an ultra-comfy, double-layer that will allow you to stay warm and use your phone. Now you can take photos on the fly, text, Tinder, and more without letting freezing temperatures get in your way. Plus they work with all touchscreens, so no […]
Store more on your Mac with this microSD memory card adapter.