Animal silhouette bookshelf dividers

11 Responses to “Animal silhouette bookshelf dividers”

1. Metlin says:

@ #1:

Exactly. Pay money to add something frivolous that could potentially hurt you.

Not to mention the fact that it would get in the way (what happens when you need to take a couple of books out?).

-shakes head-

2. LogrusZed says:

What an awesome new way for me to gouge the shit out of me ankles when I walk past a book-case.

3. MarlboroTestMonkey7 says:

Easily done with scissors and plastic placemats (so it doesn’t maim the fragile boingboinger) or thin copper plates (steampunks only).

4. assumetehposition says:

Actually $15 sounds quite reasonable, compared to the $62 cardboard boxes from the other day.

5. Calton says:

You need wider aisles between your bookcases, then.

Looks to be the work of a designer named Hiroshi Sasagawa — c’mon guys, you need to give credit where credit is due — and I think I’ll be looking for these the next time I go browsing through a design store.

6. Antinous says:

Just put them at eye level.

7. Tenn says:

It looks a bit more than a child’s craft project- all the metally ness- but yeah, 15$ for a pair is a bit much on my budget. I think we’ve all gotten used to mass production from China, though, and factories pumping these things out by the dozens, which is why the price is horrifying.

I like, though. The swine would go perfectly in my Orwell / Doctorow / Huxley collection.

8. Jim Dandy says:

Cute idea, but $15? For something that looks like a child’s craft project? Heck, I’ll have my kid do it for you for only $10! (Actually, no, I don’t have kids.)

9. Sparrowhawk says:

What, no horses?

10. NidSquid says:

These are wonderful. But no, at $15 a pop, I can’t afford them. :-(

11. Jeff says:

Reminds me of the song The Animals Were Cut In Two by Half-handed Cloud. Strange but catchy.